Let's Hope They Didn't Notice

You woke up to the sound of rocks against your window.

You had just started working at the diner around the corner, and it was exhausting. You worked from 8:00 to 8:00 every day. Your days were very long.

So for as excited you were to see Bucky Barnes standing outside your window, you really wanted to sleep. All it took though, was for him to give you that look, which made you slowly began crawling out of the warmth and comfort of your bed.

"Bucky, what are you doing here?" You asked, your voice still a little raspy from sleep.

He gave you the signature Barnes smirk as he simply replied, "I came to pick you up, doll."

You made a face of utter confusion, to which he chuckled. "Get dressed, doll, I'm takin' ya to the fair."

It was that moment that you decided to actually look at the clock, and when you saw what time it was, you rolled your eyes so hard, you thought they might get stuck.

"Bucky, it's one in the morning, can't you take me on the weekend? My parents would slaughter me on the spot if they found out." You asked, though a tiny part of you definitely wanted to go with him.

"We'll just make sure to be extra sneaky then, won't we?"

You sighed softly before telling him you'd be right back and quickly getting dressed. You pulled out a simple blue dress you had gotten on your last birthday. You tamed your hair the best you could before going back out and climbing down the fire escape.

As soon as your feet touched the ground, Bucky pulled you into him and dipped you, placing a soft kiss on your lips.

"Hey, doll."

"Hi, Buck."

You could barely contain your grin, excitement flowing through you. You began walking to the fair, hand in hand.

You could see the lights all the way from your apartment, and all the colors made it look like a dream.

"So tell me, Buck, what's got us goin' to the fair at one in the morning?" You teased, as a smile grew on his lips.

"Couldn't sleep, wanted to see you." He responded truthfully, and you gave him a light kiss on the cheek.

"I think you missed, sugar." He said playfully.

"Did I now?" You questioned, quirking an eyebrow.

"I think so." He responded, leaning in.

You closed the gap between the two of you. No matter how many times you kissed Bucky Barnes, it always felt like the first.

As you pulled away, he gave you a soft smile and pressed another kiss to your hairline, before continuing your journey to the fair.

When you got there, Bucky just knew what you wanted to do first, so he expertly guided you towards the Ferris wheel.

You had always loved the Ferris wheel. You loved being able to see the whole city, and being up there with Bucky just happened to be an added bonus.

With it being so late, there was barely a line, so you were able to get on almost immediately.

As you slowly started rising to the top, you put your head on Bucky's shoulder, which he pressed a soft kiss to. He wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling you impossibly closer into him.

"Thank you for bringing me, Buck, this is wonderful." You said, just as the wheel stopped at the top.

"Anything for you, doll."

As you looked up at him he leaned in for a slow, loving kiss. You wished you could live this moment forever, kissing Bucky on top of the Ferris wheel.

He wished for the same thing too. He thought the world of you, and he had missed seeing you so much with both of you working.

Eventually though, you did need to pull away for air. You head found it's way back to his shoulder, and for the remainder of the ride, you would occasionally kiss his shoulder or neck, and he returned every time with a kiss to the forehead.

The two of you spent the rest of the night just wandering the fair talking, like the two madly in love teenagers that you were.

As the sun started to rise, you had just arrived back at your apartment.

"Thank you so much, Bucky, I had a wonderful time." You said honestly, even though your eyes were practically begging for sleep.

"Thank you for agreeing to sneak out with me at one in the morning." He chuckled, and you smiled softly.

You gave him one final kiss, then began ascending the fire escape. As you neared the top, you spoke out playfully to Bucky, "Let's hope my parents didn't notice."

"If they kicked you out you could just come live with me, doll." He winked and you rolled your eyes.

"Love you, Buck."

"Love you, (Y/N)."