The Way You Look Tonight

Some day, when I'm awfully low
When the world is cold

You were just doing the finishing touches to your makeup when you heard music start playing downstairs. You were never a fan of Stark's parties, but tonight was different. This was a gala.

Some black tie event for who knows what charity. Whatever it was, you were beyond excited.

You and the girls had gone dress shopping just the day before, and when you saw this dress, you knew you had to get it

You and the girls had gone dress shopping just the day before, and when you saw this dress, you knew you had to get it. Of course Nat and Wanda encouraged you, the low cut neck sure to grab the attention of a certain metal-armed man.

When you decided you looked ready enough, you stepped out of your room, ready to take on the night.

I will feel a glow thinking of you
And the way you look tonight

Bucky was almost done getting ready when he heard music beginning to play. He tightened his maroon tie; the one that Nat had sneakily bought during your dress excursion yesterday. He still didn't quite know why she told him he HAD to wear it, but he did nevertheless.

He took a quick glance at his reflection, before deciding he was as ready as he was going to get, and stepping out of his room.

Yes, you're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft.

Your doors closed simultaneously, as if they had been practicing for this very moment. And all Bucky had to do was take a quick glance at you to know why Nat had made him wear the tie.

As soon as your eyes shifted over to Bucky's form, you noticed his tie, perfectly matching the shade if your dress. You didn't even have to think to know this was Nat's doing, and honestly, you couldn't be happier.

There is nothing for me but to love you
And the way you look tonight

You both just stared a little bit, taking in each other's appearance as you both turned a slight shade of pink.

Bucky broke the silence first, "You look beautiful, (Y/N)." He said, still slightly awe struck at the sight of you.

"And you, look very handsome, Bucky." You replied, while he continued to grow an even deeper shade of red.

You chuckled, "Aww, don't tell me I'm making you blush, Buck."

With each word your tenderness grows
Tearin' my fear apart

"Only for you, doll." He smiled, offering his arm out to you, which you gladly accepted.

The two of you spent almost the whole night together, laughing and talking about anything and everything. And after many unsuccessful attempts, Nat was able to steal you from him.

And that laugh that wrinkles your nose
Touches my foolish heart

"I see things are going really well in the boy department." Nat jokes, causing you to lightly slap her arm.

"C'mon, Nat you know it's not like that."

"But you wish it was."

"But he probably doesn't." You sigh sadly.

"Who's to say he doesn't?" Natasha asks, raising a perfectly manicured brow at you.

Lovely, never, never change
Keep that breathless charm

You looked at her, confused, "What's that supposed to mean, Nat?"

She just shrugged before taking a sip of her drink and saying, "Maybe he likes you more than he lets on." Indicating she knew something more.

That was all you needed to hear to know that you had a chance. You were going to take it.

Won't you please arrange it? 'Cause I love you
Just the way you look tonight

Just after Natasha dragged you away, Steve came up to talk to Bucky.

"Have you told her yet?" He asked, an amused smile dancing on his face.

Bucky sighed frustratedly, "No, Steve, she probably doesn't feel the same."

Steve gave him a 'really' look before attempting to talk some sense into his best friend. "Buck, why do you think Nat told you to wear the tie?"

And that laugh that wrinkles your nose
It touches my foolish heart

"Probably because she wants us to get together." Bucky replied monotonously, though slightly curious as to what Steve was getting at.

"Or more likely," Steve starts, "she knows that somebody," he gestured to you, "wants the two of you to get together, and was giving you the biggest hint in the world."

Bucky's eyes widened in realization. He knew what he had to do.

Lovely, don't you ever change
Keep that breathless charm

You both left your best friends to go find the one that had stolen your heart. As soon as you found each other, it was like you had read one another's mind. You both immediately leaned in for a show stopping kiss.

You never wanted this moment to end, but unfortunately, you do need air to live. You slowly pulled away, Bucky's hands still resting lightly on your hips.

"I'm glad you were thinking the same thing that I was, doll." He said with a chuckle.

Won't you please arrange it? 'Cause I love you
Just the way you look tonight

Steve and Natasha sent a high-five to each other from across the room as the two of you went back in for another intoxicating kiss.

Just the way you look tonight