Angel

Congratulations, you've been pretending to be human
So well

You sat in your bed as you watched Bucky finish his night routine. Just watching him was one of your favorite things to do. The more you watched him, the more you could see how carefully he did everything, almost as if making a conscious effort at it.

While the rest of the world saw him as the world's deadliest assassin, you saw him as so much more. You saw him as he really was, the caring, loving, funny, charming, intelligent Bucky.

You might even call him an angel.

Even after the things he's done in the past, you knew that wasn't really him.

Might even fool the neighbors
Reading your Sunday papers
I won't tell

You only saw goodness in Bucky, just as he only saw goodness in you.

As he finished in the bathroom, he called out to you, "(Y/N)?"

You hummed in reply as he walked towards you, a smile on his face.

"I love you." He grinned as you sent him a playful smile.

But I know better than to
Bring up the weather with you
And talk about the rain

"I love you too, you goof." He let out a laugh, the real kind.

You loved making him laugh. The first time you heard his laugh, he was joking around with Sam. In that very moment, you decided it would be your mission to make him laugh as much as possible. Whenever you did, you practically burst with joy.

Bucky smoothly slid under the covers, and wrapped his arms around you, your head laying in his bare chest.

He noticed your apparel and chuckled softly. "Is that my shirt, doll?"

You were, in fact, wearing his shirt. Your favorite red Henley of his practically swallowing your tiny frame.

"Maybe." You giggled, as he looked down at you and smiled fondly.

After you fall asleep I'll
Kiss both you eyes and cheeks
I know we're not the same

He leaned down slightly and gave you a feather light kiss on the cheek, to which you returned with a soft kiss on the lips. You could feel him smile into the kiss, which gave you major butterflies.

"I love it, doll, you should wear it more often." He winked, causing you to blush.

You could be with him until the end of time and he would still find ways to make you blush.

You're an angel
In disguise
You're an angel
In my eyes

You burrowed your face into his chest in hopes that he wouldn't see, but he did. He simply titled your head up to his with his pointer finger and placed a soft kiss on your lips.

"I like it when you blush for me, doll." He said teasingly, as you groaned.

He went in to kiss the tip of your nose, but you swiftly tilted your head up and captured his lips with yours.

"I like when you do that too." He chuckled, as he planted a light kiss in your forehead.

I bought a house to live in
But you're the home I'm missin'
I know

For a moment you both just laid there, soaking in each other's warmth and presence, as if it was your last night together. You had never felt more at peace, more at home. In that moment you knew that he was the one for you, your person.

"Y'know something Buck?" You asked, fighting back a yawn.

He looked down at you fondly as he replied, "What is it, doll?"

Nothing good lasts forever
But nights with you are better
So go slow

You smiled softly at him before continuing, "You're like, my person, the one for me, you know? I could just lay here with you forever and be completely happy."

He smiled widely at your admission, placing another kiss to your forehead.

"You complete me, (Y/N), it's like you're a part of me. I never knew I needed you before I found you for the first time."

"And I need you just as much as you need me." You say, smiling, as he leans down to give you another peck.

The two of you fall into another silence, but a comfortable one. There is never an uncomfortable silence when it comes to you two.

You lightly trace patterns on Bucky's abdomen while he plays with your hair. The calming sensation allowing you to release all the tension from the day. You were always calm when you were around Bucky.

I'm out of step, I'm off my feet
I'm waking up inside a dream
Teach me how to fly

He whispers a soft, "Goodnight, doll." After noticing you getting more and more tired.

That was the last thing you heard before drifting off to sleep, with Bucky following soon after.

You're an angel
In disguise
You're an angel
In my eyes