Be Mine

You peacefully woke up as rays of light began shining on your face. You slowly rolled over to cuddle your boyfriend, Bucky, but he wasn't there. You slowly opened your eyes to search for him, with no luck.

Just as you were about to give up and go back to sleep, he slowly opened the door, with breakfast in hand.

"Happy Valentines Day, doll." He whispered, as he knew you had just woken up.

"Happy Valentines Day, my love." You replied, giving him a quick peck as he handed you the meal and slid next to you under the covers.

On the tray was a stack of pancakes, with your favorite toppings. You smiled gratefully and gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

You leaned slightly against each other as you ate, occasionally sharing quick kisses and loving stares.

As the two of you finished breakfast, Bucky announced, "I have a surprise for you tonight, doll."

You looked at him confusedly as you asked, "I thought we agreed we weren't doing anything special?"

He broke eye contact, slightly embarrassed, "I know, doll, but I just couldn't help myself."

You gave him a soft smile. "Well, I'm not complaining. Is there a dress code?" You asked, I'm hopes of lifting his spirits.

He smiled giddily when you asked, his excitement obviously growing. "Yeah, yeah, um, anything kinda fancy?"

"Perfect." You laughed at how flustered he got as you stood up to get ready for the day.

It was around 7:00 when Bucky told you to go get ready. You were so excited to find out what your surprise was, but also slightly nervous. Did he expect you to get something for him too?

'Don't be silly.' you thought, he knew he agreed to no presents. This was just something extra.

You pushed your thoughts aside as you got ready for whatever Bucky was planning. You picked a simple, but elegant little black dress, with some black heels to match.

When you stepped out of your room you were immediately met by Bucky in a suit, a sight you would never get tired of

"You ready, doll?" He asked. You could easily hear the excitement in his voice.

You chuckled as you replied, "I'm always ready for you, Buck."

"Great!" He exclaimed, grabbing your hand and practically dragging you to the elevator.

You just giggled. You knew whatever this surprise was, it was going to be amazing.

The elevator doors opened to reveal the rooftop of the compound. There were blankets laid out with meat, cheese, and fruits. There were string lights along the perimeter of the roof, setting a light, romantic atmosphere.

You smiled widely at the gesture. This was your idea of a perfect date, and you couldn't imagine it any other way.

"I know how much you like things like this," Bucky started as you smiled up at him, "And I know how much you like dressing up for little things, so I thought you would like this." Bucky rambled, now nervous of whether you liked it or not.

"I love it, Bucky, thank you. This is perfect." You gave him a sweet kiss. "And I wouldn't want to do it with anybody but you."

He pulled you in for another loving kiss, the kind that made your heart stop no matter how many times you did it.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you, Bucky."

The rest of the night was spent talking, laughing and watching the stars. This was the best Valentine's Day you'd ever had, and you wouldn't want it any other way.