chapter 6

"yibo am so glad you are ok!!" Sonia yelled as she hugged yibo so tight that he actually smiled for the first time since the accident happened.

"But wait.....why the bandages? You also look pale. What's going on yibo? James why the gloomy face dear? Did I do something wrong?" Sonia asked as she wondered what was going on.

"Sonia am really sorry" yibo said with a broken voice.

"Why are you sorry yibo? You look hurt. You shouldnt be walking around like this" Sonia replied him.

"Dear, please forgive me" James said as he continued starring at the ground.

"You are both acting weird. & You are?" Sonia asked Jiyang who just walked in on them.

"Wang Jiyang but you can call me Jiyang for short. Am the guy you punched when you woke up & also a good brother &friend to both yibo & James" Jiyang introduce himself smiling.

"Now I remember & sorry for earlier. It's a reflex thing from my side. Sorry again & why.... are you blushing?" Sonia asked as she stared intensely at Jiyang who just coughed awkwardly as yibo & James were both giving him the LOOK.

"Am not blushing. It's just that it's getting hot in here that's why" Jiyang replied trying to save himself from this awkward situation.

"But the AC is on. Are you sure you are not sick or anything? Maybe you have a fever & it's acting up?" Sonia asked with concern.

"N....o am ok.... I gotta go & fill out some forms & also check on our very special patient.. bye!!" Jiyang replied & just ran away from there as he could feel heated gaze behind his back.

"That's an awkward way to start a friendship but oh well. Dear, I've been trying to call zhange but it's not going through. Am having this weird feeling like something is wrong or Maybe he's hurt? I really don't know but I feel all is not well with him at the moment. Yibo can you please try calling him for me?" Sonia asked as she looked worried.

"He's here with us dear but..." James was interrupted by yibo.

"It's best you see it all for yourself " yibo said & together they all went to the room zhange is being treated with a confuse Sonia.

She stared shocked at who she was seeing lying helplessly on the bed.

"N.....o this can't be!!!!!" Sonia said as she rushed to the bed & started feeling zhanges face & checking the wound on his chest.

"This is a gun shot wound. How did this happen?" She asked now starring at the two men who hung their head low.

"We were attacked & he shielded me with his body. I lost control of the car & we also ended up in an accident. He lost Alot of blood but it's a miracle he's still able to pull through" yibo replied.

"We pray he wakes up soon. I know I messed everything up, from the honeymoon trip to protecting you, zhange & also yibo" James added looking down.

"Sorry won't solve what's on ground but I want to make the ones responsible for this pay!!! I failed the promise I made to you" yibo said as he was also looking down.

"Can I ask you both something?" Sonia asked as she slowly approached them while wiping her tears from her face.

"Yes" the both replied.

"Are you God?"

"W....hat?" They both looked confuse.

"Are you God?" Sonia asked again.

"No" they both replied.

"Then why are you blaming yourselves for the things you have no control over? James you made sure I & the rest of your men escaped the car crash with only minor injuries, you got to yibo & zhange on time, you made sure they both were comfortably treated. You are doing your best to fix everything" she said to James.

"Yibo, I know you think am gonna hate you just because zhange is this condition. But so you know you too are also of importance to me. Am happy you both are breathing & standing here with me. He's gonna make it. My zhange is gonna make it" Sonia said as she hugged the two men who also returned the hug.

"Let's not lose hope" James said as he wiped the tears coming out of his eyes.

"Let's fix this together & not pass blame among each other" Sonia added.

"He's fighting for us, & now let's all do the same" yibo replied as he now carries a gentle smile on his face.

"We already have a plan on how to catch the ones responsible for this. We are only waiting for Jiyang to complete his part & put everything into action" yibo said.

"Just becareful & even though am angry at whoever caused this, let's not sort this out with violence & bloodshed ok?" Sonia asked the two as they both looked the ground again.

"It's definitely gonna be hard that way but we will try & settle everything before the end of the week" James replied.

"Let's leave zhange to rest & settle everything in my office. Sonia they're something's we both want you to know & not hide from you anymore. You are a part of us now & family or friends shouldn't keep secrets from each other" yibo said to Sonia as they all headed to his office.

"If you are comfortable telling me then no problem" Sonia replied.

"Please don't leave me once you've heard everything" James pleaded.

"Silly am not planning on leaving  you no matter what. For better or for worst I've already vowed to stand by you" Sonia replied giving James a light peck on his lips making him chuckle at her action as he too wrapped his arms around her waist drawing her closer as they walk.

"Spare my single soul from this sugar scene please. You wanna kill my single heart with this PDA ?" Yibo playfully asked.

"Don't worry too much yibo. You are definitely gonna find your own partner one day but till then, am gonna make you suffer from our sugar every chance I get" James replied & Sonia smacked his arm lightly.

"Don't be mean" Sonia added & together they all laughed at James reaction.

"Enjoy it while it last"