Chapter 11: Sorry Not Sorry

"I don't wanna go to work!!!" Danielle shouted as Jaina and Barrett pulled her legs trying to drag the blonde off the bed.

It's Tuesday morning and Danielle said she'll call in sick because she doesn't wanna experience what happened yesterday on the set. She was with Stefania all day doing intimate scenes but during off-cam they could barely look at each other. What even annoyed her more was that Stefania was always on her phone smiling like a fool.

"No!!! I don't wanna see her please I'll just quit! Yes, tell Shonda I'm quitting!!!" Danielle shouted again being extra dramatic.

"Fine. I'm calling Shonda to say that-" Jaina said reaching for her phone from the table near them then Danielle's eyes widened realizing she's serious.

"Wait! Wait! I'm taking a shower," raising her hands in defeat.

"Stefania told me she's going to apologize," Barret said fixing her clothes from all the force that she used to get Danielle out of bed.

"Well she didn't! She was too busy flirting and smiling at her phone," Danielle said rolling her eyes about to enter the bathroom.

"You know I don't blame Stefania. She's not very good at dating. She gets too clingy and jealous. She's better at sleeping around," Jaina told Barrett.

"I agree."

"I HEARD THAT!!!!" Danielle shouted from inside the shower. Not long after, she tried defending herself.

"And I don't wanna sleep around anymore. I want Stefania," the blonde got out of the shower pouting. She could have tears on her face but she's all wet wrapped in a towel so the girls couldn't tell.

She made her way to Jaina and Barrett motioning for a hug.

"Wtf! You're so wet get back in there!" Barrett exclaimed making them laugh.

Stefania parked her car not too far from the Studio entrance then she saw Michelle outside waiting. As she is walking towards the set, she can see Danielle running on her way outside hugging Michelle as she reaches her. The brunette walked past them not making eye contact.

"Good morning, Stefania!" Jay and Oak greeted the annoyed Italian.

"Morning. Mine is already ruined," Stefania groaned unlocking her trailer but not opening it yet.

"Let me guess. Michelle," Jay said then stopped talking when Stefania's eyes became so sharp they could kill.

"Hey, it's my birthday on Friday and I'll be having a small party in my place. You're coming and I won't take no for an answer," Oak invited.

"Sure, sure! But I won't stay too late. I have this family thing on the weekend," the Italian said then entered her trailer as the two bid goodbye.

Stefania shut the door behind her but not long after she heard someone knocking.

"Come in!"

"Hey," Danielle said. "Can I come in?"

Stefania's eyes widened when she saw Danielle's reflection in the mirror with a small smile on her face. She felt butterflies fluttering inside her stomach.

"Si," Stefania said then looked at her phone pretending to scroll.

"Hmm, I just wanna apologize about the photo. I... was drunk," Danielle explained shyly.

"No worries. In fact, I loved it at first then I saw the message," Stefania answered looking confident but in reality her feelings were not helping. She could see in the mirror that the blonde's face dropped.

"Uhm, yeah. I'm going now," Danielle said pointing to the door awkwardly.

Stefania finally turns her chair to face the blonde who's about to leave her trailer.

"Danielle,"

"Mhm?"

"I... I'm sorry too. I was out of line... Can we start over, please Danielle?"

"I- I never meant to hurt you," Stefania's added almost obvious that she's shaking.

Danielle smiled in an apologetic way and said, "but you did."

Stefania's tears started welling up so the blonde knelt in front of her holding her hand. She raised her right hand to the brunette's face to wipe her tears with her thumb. "I just need time. And the next time we try, I don't wanna be afraid to love again... because I wanna love you, Stefania," Danielle said in a low voice now wiping her tears too.

"And don't worry too much about Michelle," they both laughed.

"I'll be waiting. Just text me or whatever... So we're okay?" Stefania asked with a chuckle feeling hopeful.

"We're okay."

"Stefania! Danielle! Sit on the sofa and look intimate... and action!" Debbie Allen shouted across the set.

Danielle's hands are stroking Stefania's. The smiles on their faces while they stare at each other's eyes seem more genuine. The twinkle in their eyes is a proof that they care about each other too much.

"And cut!"

Danielle grabbed 2 bottles of water and handed the other one to Stefania.

Jaina and Barrett who watched the scene looked at each other confused.

"You had sex!" Barrett exclaimed.

"What? No! Ssh!" Danielle said almost whispering. "We just talked. And we're okay," Stefania explaining the blonde's gesture.

"So you're dating again?" Jaina asked the two eyebrows raised.

"No, not yet there," Danielle said playing with the cap of her water bottle.

They started walking to Barrett's trailer to plan Oak's birthday party. "Ha! You're not dating but you'll be having a lot of sex!" the curly-haired woman teased Stefania and Danielle who both blushed to the idea.

"As what Danielle said, we're not there yet," Stefania said smiling.

The girls assigned who will buy the food, drinks, and decorations for Friday. "Oak said since it's his birthday, he will be in charge of the games and we all need to oblige," Barrett explains facing the group who are sitting on the sofa in front of her.

Stefania adjusted her position on the sofa then accidentally brushed Danielle's hands with hers that sent electricity all over her body. She noticed that Danielle felt it too so she adjusted her hand so that their pinkies were touching. She swore she felt the blonde pressed their hands harder because the side of their palms are now also touching.

"Right, Danielle?" Barrett talking to Danielle who is just staring at her.

Danielle snapping out of her trance and said, "sorry, what?"

"Are you daydreaming of Stefania because she's just beside you and lose that weird smile on your face," Barrett said almost laughing.

Stefania can't help but laugh now moving her hand on top of Danielle's.