⊰❉⊱ 32 ⊰❉⊱

"I want your past. No half answers. Just history." Quinn told me, tangled in the sheets. Her bare leg half exposed and catching the early sunrise. I dragged my eyes back to hers and lingered on the knowing look she gave me.

"I'll get you some coffee–and clothes. Then we'll talk." I stated, calmly extracting myself from the bed while she looked more amused by the moment.

I pressed the door shut with a small click and drew in a deep lungful of Quinn-free air. The most disturbing thing was that I was starting to like the way it wrapped itself around me in its pure, sweet deliciousness. The dangerous flames licking up my throat were a part of her and a part of me. Ever since she stopped me in my tracks on a cold, winter night.

"Ms Fletcher?"

I snapped my attention to the attendant who offered me a tray with a hot towel. I nodded in thanks and quickly pressed the warm steam across my skin. I dropped it back in place and requested a coffee and croissant. She smiled warmly and bobbed before returning down the aisle. I moved to the overhead storage and pulled out a bag of Quinn's shopping spree.

Skirts, sandals, blouse–ah. I drew out a pair of white jeans. Then threw a blouse of some form over my arm. I paused and considered the damage I also wrecked on another item... I carefully extracted very provocative underwear like it was on fire. I threw the rest back in the bags and shut the compartment without putting too much thought into this.

"Your coffee, Ms Fetcher." The blonde attendant noted politely. Presenting the drink and the croissant hesitantly. 

I gave her a much warmer smile than my usual darkness and her heart faltered in response. I resisted the urge to smirk. It wasn't even fair on mortals.

I took it in my free hand and nodded to the table. "Just leave the croissant there."

She nodded her head quickly and stuttered acknowledgement before turning back quickly away. Mortals.

I backed my way through the bedroom door with my hands full. I turned around and almost dropped the coffee entirely.

Quinn was laid naked across the bed on her stomach as she scrolled on her phone.

"Quinn." I growled.

"Yes, Fletcher?" She said unbothered.

"You're naked." I grit out, throwing the clothes over her so I didn't have to see the curves and lines of her perfect body in all its shameless glory.

This made her smirk and set her elbow down, propping her head on her hand. I kept my eyes firmly away from her cleavage and on the ceiling.

"I found you something to wear so can you please... wear it?" I insisted, focusing on anywhere but the smooth lines of her body.

"I guess I could. But it is quite fun watching you squirm." She noted, turning over fully under the clothes and crossing her legs. I sighed deeply.

"This had better not become frequent, Quinn." I told her seriously as I traced the wooden paneling along the ceiling. She chuckled and I heard the fabric move. I relaxed slightly when she threw the dark blouse over her and buttoned it. I didn't dare to tear my attention away until I knew she had underwear over her.

My eyes skipped over her as she slipped into her jeans. But she didn't miss it and winked at me making my blood flash cool across my face. I rolled my shoulders and offered her the coffee. She took it with a smile.

"I'd show my appreciation in a different way but I don't think you'd like it–"

I sighed sharply interrupting her. "Do you not understand yet? It's because of how much I'd like it that is the problem."