⊰❉⊱ 26 ⊰❉⊱

The engine growled as I pulled up outside the tall glass hotel building. A valet already rushed to my driver side and opened the door.

"Morning ma'am, any bags we can take for you?" He asked.

I stepped out into the heat and gave him a polite smile.

"No. We will not be staying long." I told him simply, turning to Quinn's side and pulling open her door. She met my eyes before getting out and looking to the tall luxury of glass before us.

As soon as I closed the door the car already roared to life and was taken underground. Quinn stepped closer to me and murmured. " Now I'm definitely under dressed."

"You're beautiful." I said simply.

I didn't really think through my response. It was more subconscious than deliberate. But I still heard her heart accelerate and felt her eyes cut to mine. I didn't meet them. I strode forward confidently up the stairs and went through the automatic glass doors.

The dark haired receptionist looked up and gave me a warm smile. I returned it and rested a hand on the cool marble.

"Venetia Demarcus." I told her.

"Of course, one moment please." She said quickly typing into her computer.

Quinn finally arrived beside me and leant an elbow against the desk deliberately eying me. I smirked briefly before turning my attention to the woman behind the desk. I knew she had something to say but I wasn't at liberty to discuss it now... whatever that look meant.

"I have two penthouse rooms for you. One night only." She clarified with a trimmed eyebrow raise.

"Correct." I answered quickly.

She gave another smile and seemed to linger on my face in the way certain mortals did when they were confused about my looks. Predatory but enticing... I cleared my throat and she shook her head slightly with red coating her cheeks. I didn't even notice the smell of her blood. Not with Quinn stood right next to me.

She passed the two cards over the cool stone.

"Will that be under your–usual card?" She said, trying to bring her professionalism back.

I saw Quinn smirking from the corner of my eye.

"Yes, that will be all." I answered briskly, turning from the flustered mortal and taking the cards with me. Quinn followed me on light steps and was silent until we were safely inside the elevator.

"I imagine you get that a lot." Quinn said, failing to contain her smile.

"Whatever do you mean?" I drawled, looking ahead of us.

She glanced at me and saw my militant stance and calm expression. It made her smile more for some reason. I glanced at the numbers flashing upwards towards the top floor hoping that it came faster in this close space–

I felt her inch closer to me in the metal box and clenched my teeth. Why did it always have to be in places with so little space... The heat and desire was freshly ripping its way up my throat like an uncontrolled fire.

"I mean the way people look at you." She whispered with a smile, angling her face in my direction more.

I swallowed and tightened a fist behind my back. Despite it I turned my face calmly to her and met those bright green eyes that never failed to captivate me.

"It's just skin deep." I murmured. Thinking of the many forms desire took. Appearance. Mind. Lust. Bond. What was it Quinn saw?

She tilted her head before me and leaned in. But before she could speak the doors opened and two men in business wear entered talking in Arabic. Quinn stepped back and leant against the back of the lift to allow them space.