Chapter Sixty One: Reunited With Perrie Edwards

You all sat there looking at your menus and deciding what to get. Every now and then you’d peer over your menu to see if Perrie was doing anything suspicious. Nothing. “I uhhh…” Zayn said. You looked over at him. “I think I’m just gonna get a burger.” he said as he placed his menu back on the table and folded his hands. You nodded. Niall made some weird noise with his lips. “I think I’m gonna get the same.” he said mimicking Zayn and giving him a smile. You chuckled. “Alright then…” Perrie said looking at the menu. “I’m gonna get a chucken wrap.” she said putting the menu down. Zayn smirked and put an arm around her. She cuddled closer to him. You actually got ticked a little. You swallowed. Niall took a look at you. “You know what you ant babe?” he asked quickly. You nodded. “Uhhh yeah.” you said. “I’m gonna get the italian wedge.” you answered. Niall nodded his head in approval. You chuckled. Niall did the same thing Zayn did. He put his arm around you. And like Perrie did, you scooted closer towards him. Zayn chuckled a little. The waitress came in no time. “Hi! I’m Cristina and I’ll be taking your orders.” she said. You all nodded. “Hi there.” Niall said. She smiled at him. “Now what would you like?” she questioned you. You all ordered your food. “Alright, I’ll be back shortly.” she said. You took a sip of your Pepsi. “So _____, how are things?” Perrie asked you with a smile. You were massively confused. “Ummm.” you said. “Good.” you answered slowly and awkwardly. She smiled. “Good good!” she said. She wasn’t only a singer. She was an actress as well. “So how’s Little Mix?” Zayn started a conversation. Perrie started speaking about Little Mix and what everyone’s up to and music, shows and such. Maybe she wasn’t holding a grudge anymore. Niall kept his arm around you the whole time and rubbed your shoulder. “You’re doing fine baby.” he whispered loud enough so you could hear him. You didn’t answer. Just smiled to yourself. You were sure he got the message. Zayn then started feeling his pants pockets. “What?” you asked him. He groaned. “Ugh!” he said. Everyone looked at him. “What’s the matter mate?” Niall asked him. “I think I left my wallet in the van.” he said. Only Zayn would do that. Perrie didn’t seem to mind though. You didn’t either. “No problem babe. It’s on me today.” Perrie told him. Zayn rolled his eyes and laughed at her. “Yeah right.” he said. Perrie frowned. “I’ll be right back. I’m gonna go grab it.” Zayn said making his way out of the booth. You all nodded. Atleast Niall was still with you. Right after Zayn walked away there was some awkward silence.

     “Ummm..” Niall said. “I actually gotta run to the bathroom.” he said. You started getting nervous. This meant it was only you and Perrie one on one. You looked at him. “I’ll be right back.” he said sliding his way out of the booth. He couldn’t just leave you there with her. Niall stood up from the booth, gave you a quick glance and then made his way to the bathroom. The awkwardness. How could he leave you right then and there? He knew about this whole situation so why would be make you feel uncomfortable by doing this to you? There was only you and Perrie at a table together. You sighed. “Look Perrie.” you started saying kindly as you faced her. She looked exactly like she did five minutes ago. No grudge or anything. But you were wrong. Then she gave you a look. “Perrie, I understand by all means that you and Zayn are together. And that’s perfectly fine!” you started saying. “I’m not by any ways trying to take Zayn away from you.” you explained. She rolled her eyes. “Look, I know you’re not.” she said. “But that still doesn’t matter. Like I said the first time we met, I know how much Zayn loves you. He constantly talks about you. And in all honestly, as a girlfriend I’m gonna get concerned.” she said. She was less sassy than the last time but it was still there. “But there’s nothing to worry about!” you told her. “I have Niall! Me and Niall are in a relationship and I’m happy.” you said. She rolled her eyes. “Yeah, we’re not that sure how long you and Niall will last.” she said nasty like. Now that just ticked you off beyond belief. “Excuse me?” you asked, being very offended. Making fun of you was one thing but to bring Niall, negatively into the picture was a no no. “It’s just that you and Niall are together for the summer!” Perrie said. “When do you go home? In like three weeks?” she asked. You nodded. “Well that’s exactly when your relationship will end!” she said. You got sad. “You’re only his Summer Love.” Perrie said. “Not always and forever sweetheart.” she said sarcastically. That wasn’t okay. You felt terrible now. “And when you go home, you’re gonna be single again. And you and Zayn are obviously gonna continue being bestfriends and he’s gonna wanna talk to you and stuff.” she said. How could she be saying this? “That’s when me being concerned comes in.” she finished off. She was a lot more rude than people thought she was. “Alright.” you said. “Well first of all, I don’t know about the whole Summer Love thing.” you said. “And yeah, you’re obviously not wrong when you say that Zayn and I are going to continue being bestfriends, but that’s not me taking him away from you. And I won’t stop being his friend just to please you.” you shot back at her. You could tell that she was shocked by that. Her eyes widened and she leaned back on the booth. You raised your eyebrows at her. “Hey guys.” Zayn then said. Hopefully he heard nothing.