I'm right here

About a week has passed and I was feeling better than I did that day. I mean physically fine because mentally I am still pretty shaken up about the whole rape ordeal. I went to work like normal, Harry drove me to and from and I felt guilty about that. He had suggested I work from home but I refused to do so, ignoring the part where he called his apartment "home" while I'm staying there for the meantime.

Things with Harry were....weird. Me temporarily living in his apartment with him was strange because we looked like a happy couple. Of course Harry kept his distance here and there and that was always strange to me. It seemed like one day he wanted to make sure I was alright and then the next I wouldn't even see him all day because he was in the playroom on his own.

I always wondered what it was that he did in there so one day when he went in, I slowly opened the door and had a peak. He was seated on the floor in front of the bed, one hand handcuffed to one of the hoops on the bedpost and he just sat there, his eyes closed and his chest heaving, almost as if he was waiting for something to pass.

I didn't think Harry was actually all that comfortable with me being here, he doesn't say it but I can tell something off on him. When we sleep, he takes the far end of the bed and doesn't move until morning when I wake he's never there. At work, nobody knew what happened and nobody was going to. I was actually glad that people were unaware of it, I could get away from things back at Harry's with him asking me if I was feeling okay and whatnot. I'm trying my best to move past it, but being asked about how I'm feeling makes it harder to do so.

It wasn't his fault, he was taking care of me like he said he would.

I cowered away from telling my mother, as much as I said that I would I just couldn't. I didn't need her to worry about me when I was okay. I know most people that go through this makes it harder and it felt wrong to feel the way that I do when others take years to even get to where I am. So I didn't speak about it.

I found that to help. DNA results had came back and of course it led to one person. David Roberts. Nobody knew where he was or if he was even here, but I just prayed to god that I didn't run into him, I had no problem with getting my revenge. I hear Harry stir from beside me, the blanket moving with him as he turns on his back. He stays that way before his eyes flutter open.

"Hi." I whisper when he turns to look at me.

His eyebrows furrow. "Hey, why are you awake?" He supports his weight with his elbow as he faces me, still keeping his distance although he was a bit closer now. His face studied mine worriedly. "Does something hurt?"

I didn't want to tell him the exact reason why I was awake because that'll make him worry. I woke up from a horrible nightmare of seeing Mr. Roberts twisted face in the mirror as he rammed into me forcefully, his face was distorted and his eyes appeared red... "I just couldn't sleep." I say and he nods.

"Oh?" He sounds unsure, like maybe he expected for me to say more. "Well maybe try." I could tell he didn't know how to deal with this. With me. He wanted to help I know, but he was never put in this situation before to know what to do. Once again, the guilt came back. We were just supposed to be fooling around, we'd have sex in the playroom, he'd show me a good time and then he'd drop me off at my apartment after a warm bath. I shouldn't be here, I shouldn't put him through this and the stress.

I shouldn't be taking up his bathroom with my toiletries, my hair straightener and scrunchies on the sink. This was a mans apartment, a single man and I was taking over it and his life. "Okay." I whispered as my eyes begin to sting. I don't want to cry, I need to stop this. Stop thinking about it. Harry didn't close his eyes though, instead he did the unexpected as he scoot himself closer and his arm slowly snaked its way around my waist.