Chapter 23 : The Encounter

A/N : Sirius could live in this world! He never actually died! He's just in another dimension, maybe ours...

Hermione pov

It was the middle of January and Hogsmeade weekend. We were going on a triple date. Blaise would go with Pansy, Theo with Astoria and Draco with me.

Draco and I spended a lot of time together ever since we were back from holidays. I missed Melody a lot. But I was lucky and still had my friends.

My father had already sent me lots of letters including a moving picture from Melody. It was now hanging in a frame in Draco's and mine common room.

Anyways, I was getting ready to go to Hogsmead when Draco knocked on my door. I was fully dressed in a navy blue crop top and some ripped jeans. I also wore a black jacket.

"The door is open!" I called out for him

"The door is open!" I called out for him. Draco entered the room with a red rose in his hand.

"Hey, you look gorgeous." I blush under his look. He chuckles. "Anyway, our friends are going to arrive, are you ready?"

"Could you give me those heels?" I said pointing to a pair of heels at my closet. While Draco took my heels I put on my earrings.

"Why don't you just wear sneakers to Hogsmead?"

"Uhm, first because I can, second you're Draco Malfoy, if the Daily Prophet is there I want to look good and third, I'm not going to be 3 foot smaller than you." He smirked at the last one.

"Okay, but if you misstep and fall, don't expect me to carry you"

"Like I was, it'll be faster if I levitate myself back"

"Hey!" I chuckled at his defensive response. I walk downstairs to our common room to spot our friends. They knew the password to our common room and basically lived here unless they were asleep or in class.

Once we arrived in Hogsmead, the girls went to Honeydukes while the boys went to Zonko's, which was now part of Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes, owned by George.

Pansy, Astoria and I walked out of Honeydukes and it looked like we didn't buy anything. The boys gave us a pout when they saw us.

"Where is our candy?" They asked like a 5 year old would. I opened my handbag and pulled out a chocolate frog and gave it to Draco. "Undetectable extension charm?" I nodded.

"Found anything at Zonko's?"  He nodded and pointed  to his bag. I took it and put it in my handbag with the candy. I took his hand and we went to the three broomsticks.

Blaise sat next to Pansy and Theo sat next to Astoria. Draco took a seat besides Theo and I took a seat besides my brother. Draco, Theo and Astoria were facing the entry.

In the middle of the afternoon Draco's eyes suddenly widened in surprise. I look behind me to find Ron, Harry and Ginny. I turn around, eyes wide in fear, starting to panic. Soon the trio spotted us and walked towards us.

"Hey Malfoy! Was Hermione finally smart enough to leave you!?" Ron shouted at Draco. I feel my eyes starting to heat up.

As Draco was about to answer Harry shouted something. "Who's the new slag you're walking around with?"

I look at Draco. He notices my eyes are getting redder by the minute. When Harry called me a slag Blaise's eyes started to get red. Draco quickly gets into action.

"Pans, hug him or so but whatever you do, stay within a meter of him. Mia, look at me." I look up at Draco "We're getting out of here as soon as possible. I promise"

We all stood up, Pansy holding Blaise close, we had noticed before that she could always calm Blaise down, Draco's hand resting on my hip, trying to calm me down. Theo paid for our drinks as we walked out of the three broomsticks.

Once outside we hear Ron call after us. "Yeah do what you do good, and run, cowards!"

I ran away from my friends, completely losing my cool. Once outside Hogsmead I started to lit some snow on fire, trying to calm down. It was the first time anyone saw me using my power. Once I calmed down a little, Draco hugged me from behind as I started crying.

"Hey, it's okay, look at me" I looked up at him a little, knowing my eyes were brown again. I was sobbing and about to cry once again. "It'll be alright, I'm here"

He turned at the rest of our friends. Blaise had soon after his eyes gotten red, called down. "I think we're heading to our common room. We'll see you tomorrow?"

I saw some of them nodding. Draco pulled me back to Hogwarts to our common room. I was calm by now.

"Are you okay, Mia?" I nodded.

"Can we go to sleep? I'm tired…" I asked him. He smiled and nodded. After he tucked me in he kissed my forehead and went to his room. I called him back.

"What is it Mia?" he asked worried.

"Can you stay? I sleep calmer when you're next to me…" I mumbled half asleep. He didn't answer. He walked out of my room.

5 minutes later I felt somebody lift the blanket and get into the bed. Draco laid beside me, opening his arms as I saw him. I snuggled up to him and fell asleep.

-----------
Word count : 891
-----------