Chapter 2 : Meetup in the common room

Hermione pov.

I walked towards the Great Hall. McGonagall had asked me to show Draco where our common room was. When he entered the Great Hall he was looking at the ground, but still making sure he didn't bump into someone.

I know he felt guilty about the war. I saw it and McGonagall had told me. I decided to send him a note.

'Can I speak with you after the feast? It's about our dorm. I'll show you where it is. I know where it is since I've been here since a week ago. By the way, I already forgave you.

Hermione Granger'

I sended him the letter and saw him opening it. He looked up at me and smiled warmly. I just faked a smile and smiled back at him.

He started talking to his friends, probably about the note he was still holding. At their faces I could see they felt guilty as well. So I sended them a note as well.

'Don't worry. I forgave you too. I know you didn't have a choice. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. Don't worry about it.

Hermione Granger

I saw Astoria saying something to Pansy. All four of his friends smiled at me. I smiled back. What you can call a smile... It was a fake one. All I was thinking about was 'Why did Ron do that' and 'Why did none of them come back' or 'Am I that bad of a friend and girlfriend?'.

I looked down at my plate. I wasn't hungry at all. I didn't want to eat, but I had to. I had to be here for Melody. She needed me. Or she needed someone. Someone that could take care of her, not me. I didn't eat at all.

After the feast, Draco waited outside the Great Hall. I walked towards him. He noticed and began to speak before I could. "Hey, I'm sorry for all those years and so are my friends. We just didn't know any better then because we were raised that way."

"Like I said, I already forgave you." I answer him. "Now, do you want to go to our common room and dorms?"

"I would like that." He answers with a small smile. "You didn't look surprised when McGonagall said I was the head girl. How come? I wasn't on the train ride you couldn't have known."

"McGonagall told me on the train. Because you weren't there and she thought it was necessary for me to know before the announcement in the Great Hall. And besides, who else could be head girl? You have the highest scores in every subject! I can't even beat you!" He answered desperately, but it was obvious that he was acting like it.

"Come on. It's on the seventh floor. It is hidden behind a painting. It's near the Room of Requirement" I point out. "Wasn't that destroyed by Crabbe?"

'He can't know that it still exists. He'd find out about Melody...' "Yeah, I meant, where it was." I say with doubt in my voice. He must have noticed because he looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What, did I say something wrong? " I ask him. "No, but you weren't sure. That's not like you at all." I sigh.

"War changed us all, that includes me" I sigh. Draco looks at me "It still doesn't fit you, being uncertain."

"Our common room is here, the password is unity. Dumbledore's choice. Your room is on the left, mine on the right. Bathroom in the middle. When you use it, lock it with a charm, So I know you're in there." I explain to him. "Clear?"

"Clear."

"Okay I'll be in my room if you need me."

"Can I invite my friends?"

"Yes but they have to leave before curfew. By friends you mean : Theo, Blaise, Pansy and Astoria right?"

"Yeah them. They were happy with your note during dinner."

"Don't worry about it, I'll see you later" I say as I walk into my bedroom.

Draco pov.

She just says what is where and leaves into her bedroom. I saw that she was trying to act like she's fine, but that makes me think she is near the edge. I heard her stomach growl. I guess she didn't eat a single thing. I invited my friends over and let them in.

"Where's Hermione? I thought you guys shared it here?" Pansy mutters. "She's in her room, since we arrived here, after telling me where I could find the bathroom, my room and her room. And then she went into her room without saying another word." I sigh.

"You think something is wrong with her?" Theo asks me.

"I'm pretty sure something is wrong with her. She said our common room and dorms were near the Room of Requirement and I asked if it wasn't destroyed in war. When she answered I could hear the doubt in her voice. I mean, Hermione Granger not sure about something? That can't be. So I asked her about it and she said that war changed us all. And when we were here and she was explaining where everything was, she was distant, not open or friendly like she was before" I explain to them.

"Mate, you were observing her THAT much? I know you were during dinner, but this is insane. Although everything you said makes sense." Blaise answers.

"That's not even the worst part. I think she didn't eat dinner. Her stomach was growling when she entered her room. Okay my stomach growls too but not straight after dinner."

"What?! It's the first day here and she doesn't eat something that's insane. The food here is delicious." Astoria interrupts.

"It isn't her first day back here. She's been here for a week already. 'Due to personal circumstances' and I don't know what they are but if she's been here a week before term started something bad is going on." I retore.

"You're right about that Draco." Pansy says. "You're right about something, that's a first." She smiles. I smirk at her, "I'm right about more things than 1, but you wouldn't know would you"

-----------------------------------

Word count : 1031

-----------------------------------