Chapter 03

A week into Narcissa and Lucius ruse, she had already drawn up a lot of attention from other suitors, but no one caught her eye yet. Lucius was able to enjoy the parties and banquets without being harassed by mother's trying to introduce their daughters to him.

Narcissa's mother, Druella was thoroughly surprised that Narcissa had invited Lucius over to dinner, considering that Narcissa told her mother that they had grown apart. It wasn't a lie they had grown apart, but Narcissa knew the attention from Lucius would draw more suitors eyes on her.

Narcissa pinned back a few strands of her hair, letting loose curls frame her face. Lucius would be here soon, she took a deep breath, 'he better not mess this up' She thought. Narcissa made her way down to her family's function room.

Lucius was still in Malfoy Manor he hadn't left yet, being fashionably late was key. He didn't need or want to impress Narcissa and her mother, so punctuality didn't matter. However Abraxas; his father insisted that he made an effort with Narcissa, she was a nice young lady and Lucius did like her at one point in time.

"Take Narcissa some flowers," Abraxas said, as Lucius was about to leave Malfoy Manor.

"Father, I already sent her flowers," he said,

"Well, then take some flowers for her mother, make a good impression on them,"

"You raised me, of course, I'll make a good impression," Lucius said, Abraxas nodded, Lucius checked the time he was nearly half an hour late.

Narcissa and her mother sat together in their function room, Narcissa tried her best to appear calm, but she was incredibly annoyed with Lucius for being late. A knock at the door caused Druella to practically jump up out of her chair, she brushed down her dress, before answering the door.

"Mr Malfoy, so glad you were able to join us," Druella said, smiling at him,

"I'm honoured to be here, these are for you," Lucius held a bouquet of flowers for Druella,

"Aww, Lilies they're my favourite," Druella said,

Druella gestured for him to come inside, Lucius greeted Narcissa with a smile, he took her hand, lifting it to kiss her knuckles. Druella left to put the flowers in a vase, once her mother was out of sight, Narcissa crossed her arms over her chest.

"You're late," she said, turning away to walk into the dining room, "I told you to be here by 5 o'clock," Lucius followed her into the dining room to see that the table hadn't been set yet.

"Cissy, the table isn't even set yet, I could have stayed at home," Lucius said,

"Stop calling me that," Narcissa snapped

"But I've always called you Cissy, or Cis, or Cissa-

"Just stop,"

"Why, I've called you by a nickname, ever since I met you," Lucius said, curious to know why now after all the years of knowing each other his nicknames began to bother her.

"Because I'm not a child anymore, so address me as a lady,"

"A lady? I know you ain't a lady," Lucius whispered in her ear, with a smirk across his face, Narcissa was about to respond, when her mother came back in.

"We should take our seats, dinner shouldn't be long now," Druella said,

Narcissa sighed sitting opposite him at the table, Druella engaged in polite conversation with Lucius. While Narcissa kept most of her opinions to herself, the few opinions she voiced were a subtle dig at Lucius, her mother wouldn't notice but Lucius would.

After dinner, Druella left Lucius and Narcissa alone, but Narcissa knew that her mother had eyes and ears everywhere. She didn't want to risk exposing their ruse so quickly, Narcissa suggested going for a walk in the garden, where she and Lucius could talk more freely.

Lucius offered his arm to Narcissa, she hooked his arm with hers offering a soft smile. Lucius walked Narcissa into the garden, Narcissa flicked her eyes over to a bench. To which Lucius walked her over, and the pair sat down, looking through the fabulous garden that often looked like a fairyland that had come real.

"Have you spoken to Andromeda, you know since she left?" Lucius asked, Narcissa eyed him curiously he was the last person she would've expected to ask about her older sister.

"No, I want to but father would not approve," Narcissa admitted

"Does it matter? She's your sister," he questioned

"You wouldn't understand," she said, shaking her head "You're an only child,"

"Then explain it to me," Lucius said, sitting more comfortably, Narcissa sighed

"Andromeda was always the calmer of us three, she made me feel safe and loved," Narcissa began, "Bella has always been a nightmare, teased me relentlessly after all my name doesn't follow family tradition,"

"I've always liked it," Lucius said,

"One time, when I was six, Bella had really upset me, and that night Andy woke me up and took me outside, she pointed the brightest star in the sky and said, 'that's your star, the most bright and beautiful one,' she made me feel like I belonged in my family,"

"And now that's she isn't here, you feel alone,"

"Yes, I don't even care that she married a muggleborn, I just want to be able to see her again," Narcissa admitted,

For the first time ever saying she wasn't bothered by Andromeda's marriage to Ted Tonks, Andy had always protected Narcissa. Lucius hadn't realised that Andromeda being disowned had affected Narcissa so much, Bellatrix acted as though Andromeda had never existed. She would most likely kill Andromeda if they crossed paths now.