Chapter 02

Narcissa sat playing the grand piano that stood in the function room of her family's manor, she enjoyed making her own pieces to play for her mother and aunt Walburga. Druella watched Narcissa play from the doorway, Narcissa often played pieces based on how she was feeling, Druella sense a great deal of frustration, coming from her piano piece.

Druella knew that it would be difficult to overcome peoples views of Andromeda's marriage and to not view Narcissa the same way. Though that was proving to be difficult, of all the eligible suitors, only one showed interest in Narcissa, Druella knew that her daughter and Lucius Malfoy had ended on bad terms. Narcissa finished her piece.

"That was wonderful, dear," Druella said, as she entered the room, sitting in a chair beside the piano.

"I can't help but wonder if there was something on your mind?" Druella asked

"Nothing to be concerned with mother," Narcissa said, turning the pages on her music sheet, jotting down notes that she liked.

"If something is troubling you-

"Mother, thank you, but I am quite well, just didn't expect certain people to be at the ball," Narcissa said

"Wouldn't be anything to do with Young Mr Malfoy would it?"

"Mother, please I just want to forget that night," Narcissa plead

"Narcissa what happened between you two, you used to be so close," Druella asked, remembering how happy Narcissa was only a few years ago when she was still attending Hogwarts.

"We grew apart, there's nothing more to it," Narcissa lied to her mother something she had never done before, she could always be truthful with her.

"Very well dear, your piece was good, you should give it a name," Druella smiled at Narcissa before leaving the room.

Narcissa took her music sheet, folding it closed, she pondered for a moment, what could she call something the frustrated her so much. She would create a piece of music like this, then a wide grin grew on her face, she took her quill, dipping it in ink and titled her work 'Malfoy' after all he did frustrate her.

"Narcissa," she turned to see her father standing before her

"Yes, father," she said, turning to face him

"Walburga has organised a banquet in the garden of Grimmauld Place,"

"That sounds lovely," Narcissa commented, "and I have the perfect dress for a banquet," Narcissa said,

Narcissa took her music sheet to her bedroom, hiding it away in one of her books, she opened her walk-in closet. Narcissa ran her fingers through the many ball gowns and dress that she owned, she pulled out a pink, floral dress 'This would be suitable for a garden banquet' she thought.

Narcissa arrived at Grimmauld Place, she cringed when she saw her Bellatrix laughing with their aunt Walburga. Bellatrix would do just about anything to bring Narcissa down, whether that be her name being a flower rather than a star, or her friendship with various people, Helene Zabini annoyed her the most. Bellatrix approved of Narcissa friendship with Phoebe Rosier and Rebekah Avery.

"Cissy, you look," Bellatrix began "well, you tried your best," She said, Narcissa held her head high she was about to speak when someone cut her off.

"I think she looks magnificent," Narcissa turned to see Lucius beside her

"Thank you, shall we?" Narcissa said, Lucius held his arm out for her, she took his arm walking away from Bellatrix with Lucius

"I never did, like your sister," Lucius muttered,

"That makes two of us, Bella can be a little difficult at times,"

"A little?" he questioned

Lucius escorted Narcissa out into the garden where the guest could see them together, Narcissa looked around at the other avoiding other men's gaze, when they looked her way. Lucius was glad that overbearing mothers were finally leaving him alone, and not hounding him about their daughters.

"Our ruse, I have conditions," Narcissa said Lucius cocked an eyebrow.

"In order to find me a suitor, we appear at many dances together, and flowers send flowers to my home," Narcissa said,

"You have to be kidding me, I thought we were just going to make a few appearances together," Lucius questioned

"Yes, but it needs to be believable, how many dances?" she asked

"Zero," Lucius said

"We have to dance at some, so how many?" Narcissa said, pinching his side, as she smiled up at him

"One," he said

"Five-

"Two," he stated

"Four," she said

"Three, I not going any higher," he said, Narcissa sighed

"Fine, three dances, you will send flowers," Lucius rolled his eyes at her

"Anything else her majesty would like?" Luicus asked, Narcissa thought for a moment

"Now that you mention it," Narcissa said "Dinner you should come for dinner, to convince my mother of our ruse,"

Lucius nodded, walking Narcissa through the garden, Walburga had really outdone herself with this banquet, everything was exquisite. The food looked glorious, Narcissa shook her head at her two younger cousins, sneaking brownies from the table, casually walking away to where Aimee also bared the same expression as Narcissa, disapproving.

At least she was more respectful than Sirius and Regulus, oh if their mother knew what they were up to. They would be surely sent away from the banquet and banned from showing their faces downstairs for the rest of the day. Narcissa saw her friend Rebekah laughing at something Theodore Nott had said.

Though Narcissa couldn't find anything Nott said amusing, her friend Phoebe was enjoying the company of Perseus Parkinson. While Helene was scoping out the guys, to find one that would satisfy her time, she was very particular when it came to the company she kept.

Many eyes were on Narcissa now, not only had Lucius danced with her at the ball, he was now her escort to this banquet. Though she had to appear interested in Lucius, and not have a wandering eye, to completely convince people of their ruse. Lucius leaned into her and whispered,

"Let the games begin,"