chapter 02

Marisol

All I could think about was how some random Irish man named Niall has my baby. I could still see them by the photo booth, but he was talking to someone and showing off Mila who was having the time of her life. I had never seen either of them before. They had to be apart of the grooms family or friends of his.

"Remember you're the bigger person, don't bring up Mila unless he asks. And smile right now." Talia says while holding a fake smile and waving at Josh.

"Hey Tully and Marie long time no see." Josh says while pulling Talia into a hug then going to hug me.

"Yea well, time flies now a days huh. How've you been?" I asked while pulling away

"Oh you know, I've been good. I was recently in Florida with my girlfriend and she heard Paul was getting married and had to come. How are you?"

"Oh well, same old same old. I was actually talking to Talia here how we should head to Myrtle Beach this weekend, a good getaway for awhile."

Marisol I swear you're the dumbest person I've ever met.

"Oh that sounds nice! How's the lil bean," He asked while looking around for her "I bet she's the spitting image of you. Gosh, that's so crazy yet incredible to think about a mini Marie"

I felt Talia looking at me. But I was frozen smiling at him looking for the right words to say. Lil bean. It was the nickname he gave her since we first saw her and it's kind of stuck since. I look over to where Niall was with Mila, she was now in the arms of Niall's friend but she looked so happy.

"She's great. Getting in the habit of standing on her own, loves to talk to anyone, friendliest baby you'll meet." I smiled thinking of how early this morning she tried to stand up alone from a chair but fell on her butt only to give her stubborn face and crawl away.

"She's so beautiful too, and has the cutest laugh you've ever heard." Talia adds

"Well, that's incredible! I'm glad things are going well for the both of you, I'd really love to meet her if that's okay with you guys." He said giving me a pleading look.

"Well it's up to Mila if she wants to meet you. She's picky on meeting strangers." Talia says cutting me off.

Josh simply nodded and walk towards a girl who was calling him over. Watching him walk away I lifted this sudden weight that I felt on my shoulders. Seeing Josh hurt over not being able to meet Mila or hold her made me feel like a terrible person. Talia simply pulled me into a hug and walked us over towards Niall and Mila.

"Mil who's your favorite?" Niall asks her pointing between him and his friend "That's where you point to me and forget him."

Mila simply laughed and turned to look at us. Once she sees us she turns her body to reach for me causing Niall and his friend to look at us. Speeding up a bit I reach for Mila, the guy seems to be hesitant on handing her to me.

"Mama mama mama mama" Mila starts to babble

"Hi my love bug." I say looking at him while reaching for her.

He turns around and hands her to me. Once I hold her I take off the hat she wearing and fix her hair a bit only for her reaching for the hat again. I put it back on and kiss her on the check. Niall was talking to his friend and Talia about something causing his friend to laugh but Talia go red and looking at me as a signal of help.

"Will someone like to tell me why my sweet innocent child was choosing between two grown men?" I ask look at Niall who goes pale.

"Okay to be fair, it's all Mila's fault." He says pointing at Mila. Who looks at me and then back at Niall and babbles to him while throwing her hands around.