Chapter 10

Marisol
TW: Mention of physical abuse. A heads up is given beforehand . Also she's a long one

Niall's party was this weekend, and I'm not ready for it. I was told I could bring someone and I was going to take Maya but Tully decided to take her as her plus one. I thought about inviting Asher, but recently he was more distant than ever.

I've been at work for about three hours, and within those three hours he hasn't talked or joked around with me. Maybe I took it too far with the comment I made a few days ago. Or it could be something I did and not realize I did.

Walking over towards the bar, I decide to refill my water bottle.

"Hey Sol, can I ask you something?" Asher leans against the other side of the bar catching my attention.

Grabbing my bottle I place it between us still open. "Sure what's up?" Grabbing a lemon half and cutting it into slices dropping them into my water.

"What do you think about April?"

April started working here a few days ago. April was the type of girl I hated. She was fake and a backstabbing bitch to those who never needed it. She was really friendly with me at first till I actually talked to her and couldn't stand just the way she was towards me sometimes.

I knew April before she started working here, she happened to live in the same complex as me. I would always run into her when getting the mail or leaving sometimes. I knew the type of people she was friends with and guys she dated. I also happened to know that she was right up Asher's type but he would get bored of her quick and move on.

I have a special habit where I could figure out a person based on how the way they acted with others, way they talked, and their opinions on most things. Some call it a toxic trait, I call it a handy dandy tool. It helped me out a lot in high school and with those so called friends when I was pregnant with Mila.

"Asher, I mean this in the nicest way possible but stop talking to me." I smiled.

Grabbing the lid to my water bottle and close it walking away from behind the bar back to the front. Stopping me at the entrance of the bar was Asher fixing his hair.

"Come on, I want to know whatcha think about her." He smiles big at me.

"Don't talk to me." I smile at him before tilting my head sideways and walking around him.

God I hate men. 'Whatcha think of her?' like come on really? Also whatcha? The fuck?

I could never deal with guys who asked me for opinions on other girls. Whether we were friends or not I never felt comfortable talking about girls to guys as if they were books that should or shouldn't be checked out. It felt wrong.

Turning to look at the bar area, April had just walked into the storage closet. Looking for Asher I spot him sitting at the bar watching a baseball game trying to be oblivious to April being there.

Okay maybe guys are as dumb as they look. I mean if you like her why not talk to her? I bet she has guys following her all the time since she's so freakin pretty. God to be April sometimes.

Pulling me out of my thoughts was the sound of the door opening. Putting my water on the lowest shelf, I pop up to meet the one and only Harry.

You've got to be kidding me. I can't do this today God not now.

"Sweetheart!" He smirks walking up to me, "I was hoping to find you here."

"You found me! Now the exit is behind you." I wave at him before point at the door.