chapter 01

Marisol

I've always hated going to weddings. Okay wait, that sounds very negative. But, it's nothing but the truth: weddings tend to be the place I always get nagged at to find a boyfriend, a father figure for Mila. Yet here I was getting ready to go to my cousins wedding.

I decided to go with a simple white, long sleeved dress with green leaves and flowering details. Mila was dressed in a cute pink dress.

From Tully🔭🦔
I'm outside, hurry up we're already late!

shuddup you love me, be down in 3

"Hi my love bug" I cooed while picking her up, "are you ready for a wedding that's going to be stressful?" Mila simply laughed while touching my face.

Heading out to meet Talia with a giggling Mila I ran into Ms. Rosa, a sweet old lady who live a few doors down. She always offered to watch Mila when my mom couldn't or if I needed a last minute sitter.

"Hola Marisol, hola mi mila! ¿Adónde van?"
(Hi Marisol, my Mila! Where are you going?)

"Hola Rosa, vamos a la boda de mi prima"
(Hi Rosa, we're going to my cousins wedding)

"Sabes que una boda es donde conocí a Roberto, el amor de mi vida." She says while giving me her iconic smirk
(You know a wedding is where I met Roberto, the love of my life)

"Lo sé, lo sé, me lo dices cada vez que voy a una boda Rosa." I started to turn around and head out before Tully texted me it was time to go.
(I know, I know, you tell me every time I go to a wedding Rosa)

It was a perfect warm day out today. Reaching Tully's car I put Mila in her chair, and hopped in the front. The drive to the wedding helped me prepare myself for everyone trying to set me up with someone or asking me if I'm seeing anyone. Mila's dad simply decided it would be best if he was never in her life: he left a month before she was born. But, I've had Talia and my family by my side every step of the way.

Mila's dad was still in town, Talia or Sofia would always tell me how they saw him around town or near by. He really never bothered to check up on Mila or ask how things were going but I was always told never to expect much. Mila was close to being the spitting image of him when she was younger but as she started to grow over time she reminded me more of myself or my dad.

Dating recently was never something I really though about. My main focus has been Mila and finding a better job, while being a fashion blogger was fun and huge for me, it wasn't something I could see myself doing for the rest of my life. But fashion is something I'll try to continue with.

"Earth to Sol, we're here lets go" Talia said shaking my shoulder and stepping out of the car.

Getting Mila and her diaper bag we headed towards the venue.  As we started to get closer I saw my parents and Sofia. Slowly making our way towards them Mila started to reach for her abuelo. As my dad took Mila Sofia pulled me off to the side away from our parents.

"Okay, I know you prepared yourself for everyone to ask you questions." Sofia spits out while holding both my shoulders, "but I think I found someone you can get to know as friends and then maybe date."

Looking backing and forth in her eyes confused she continued to say, "No Sofia I'm done with date. Yea I know that Sol, but it wouldn't hurt you to branch out and make friends. No Sofia My main focus is Mila." She says very dramatically.

"Can I say something?" I asked.

She nodded.

"I think it's very sweet. I'll be down to get to know him, but if he isn't my type or secretly a psycho-killer he's going to Talia. Deal?" I ask sticking my hand out

She gave me the biggest smile and shook my hand before running off. Looking at her run away I shook my head and made my way back to my parents. As I made my way towards them I could hear my dad cooing at Mila about her dress and how beautiful she looked.

And just like that I saw him for the first time in over a year. Josh Davis.

Making my way quickly to my dad I grabbed Mila from my dad and start to head towards the photo booth and bar area to hide for now. Grabbing two straw beach hats off a table near by I placed the smaller one on Mila and the slightly bigger one on me.

"Mila, I swear to god if this is the moment you decided to not like hats we're gonna have a problem." I said smiling at her only to receive a toothy grin back, "Glad we can agree. Lets go find Tia Lia"

Walking over to the bar area I spot Talia with a tall brunette guy dressed as one of the groomsmen. I could hear he had an accent, couldn't tell from where maybe Irish. As I got closer, he looked over at me which made Talia turn towards us sending me a big smile.

"Sol hey! This is Niall, Niall Marisol. What's with the uh ... hats.." She asked looking between Mila and I.

"Nice to meet you," I send smiling at him, "I actually ran into someone and I knew Mila just had to show you her adorable hat." I said trying to tell her Josh was here, but Mila decided to steal the show by trying to talk to Niall.

"She's so adorable, hiya sweet girl! How old is she?" Niall asked

"She's 9 months and very friendly. Seems like she likes you." I observed as she tried to reach for him.

Niall seemed to get the messaged and gave me a nod as if asking to hold her. Handing her to him I completely forgot the main reason I was over here.

"So about the hats.." Talia brought up.

"Oh right, well we saw a person" I asked clicking my tongue and pointing behind me, "And I kind of panicked and had to find you."

"You can't keep running from him you know? He's not gonna hurt you."

"You know I keep telling myself that," I sighed "but I just have this constant fear that when she sees him she'll choose to be with him over me. Yes I know she's still a baby but it's still a fear I have ya know?"

"Well, I think it's his lose" Niall speaks up while playing with Mila "And I think he might be coming this way, so if you need us we will be at the photo booth."

We turn our heads to look at him and then the direction behind us only to see him walking over to us. This was it, it had to be today out of every other day it just had to be today.