010 - 𝐴𝑁𝑋𝐼𝐸𝑇𝑌

warnings: angst ;), jealous/protective fundy

Her hand shook as her pointer hovered above the "call" button. There was no way that she was about to lose her best friend over some stupid jealousy. Taking a deep breath, she clicked on the 'audio' call option. The discord ringtone brought anxiety to her once again-she fidgeted with her hands as she waited for Floris to pick up from the other side. It rang once, twice, three times, and no response. She buried her head in her hands and tugged on her hair. Why did he have to be like this? She clicked back to the chat area and saw that he had left her a message.

ItsFundy

i can't talk rn.

She decided to type back.

(IGN)

why?

ItsFundy

too emotional.

(IGN)

floris i have no idea why you get yourself into these types of situations. you're being absolutely ridiculous. call me this instant.

Y/N wiped the tears from her eyes- she hadn't even noticed that she started to cry. This time was out of anger rather than sadness. She wanted Floris to be open with her for once. 

Her thoughts were interrupted by an incoming call.

ItsFundy is calling...

She quickly clicked on the call accept button and she was met with silence. No camera, just audio, and Floris was quiet on the other end. She could hear a sniffle or two from his end but nothing more.

"Floris," she spoke softly, careful not to come off as abrasive. He gave a small "hmm" in response. "This is horribly ridiculous. You can't call off our friendship because you're getting jealous. Think with your head for once," she said, once again trying not to come off as too harsh. From the other end, she could hear that he was lightly crying.

"I'm sorry," he sniffled, "it's getting worse. Too much for me to handle. I don't want to hurt you anymore," Y/N could hear him shuffling around from the other side.

"You're being sorry for something that's really stupid, Floris. It's normal to develop a crush on a friend-"

"Y/N, you don't understand. It's not a crush- it's an obsession. I hate Jared. I want him out of your life. He's possessive and outrageous with his demands. I've known you for a long time now- long enough to know that he's no good. I don't want to bother you with my feelings, though, so I'd rather avoid it altogether," Floris sputtered in between sobs. The whole ordeal had him emotional beyond comprehension and Y/N wasn't sure how to feel.

"You would rather avoid telling me what you think is best for me?" she mumbled. The thought of Floris wanting to avoid his true feelings in order to 'protect' sent a shiver down her spine- one that was unsettling and comforting at the same time.

"Yes. It sounds stupid and childish, I'm aware," he started, still speaking through his sobs, "but I finally hit my breaking point. Sometimes with you, I can't tell if you like Jared or despise him, and, and, I think he just treats you horribly," Floris yelled, starting to uncontrollably sob.

"Floris," Y/N soothed, "don't cry, it's okay. I'm going to keep being your friend for as long as we both live and I wish you would have told me this sooner... Floris, I don't want to let you go. You mean the world to me-"

"I love you," he interrupted, "and I love you so much that I would give the entire world for you, and I feel like that just isn't enough. I've made it so blatant yet you still are naive, Y/N," Y/N closed her mouth to think for a second.

"You... love me?" she asked.

"Yes. I love you," Floris responded. She hadn't heard someone say that they loved her with such heartfelt intent in years- she started to tear up herself.

"So... like... you love me, love me?" she asked again.

"Don't be dull- put two and two together. Yes, I do, but that being said, I want what's best for you and right now I'm not in a good headspace-"

"Floris, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that... You're asking me to break up with Jared... for you?" she stuttered.

"Yes and no," Floris started, "I want you to get him out of your life for your sake, Y/N, this guy is crazy and you just can't see it! He's horrible to you in so many ways. You probably think I'm exaggerating how I feel about this whole situation, but it's no exaggeration. These are my true feelings. Drop him, for you, and for me,"

"Yeah..." Y/N trailed off. Her mind went back to the few days prior where Jared had been acting strangely and she didn't seem to feel any romantic connection with him anymore. The fight they had, him taking her keys, the small things such as speaking with Ranboo or the picture turned face-down... It was all starting to make sense. "Floris, I think I know what you mean..."

words: 904