002 - 𝑇𝐴𝐿𝐾𝐼𝑁𝐺

warnings: language

"Well, first there's something I want to talk to you about," she said, looking down at her feet. Floris turned on his camera respectfully so that Y/N could see his face. Out of respect, she did the same.

"What's up?" he asked, placing his chin down on his hand. Y/N thought for a minute. She wasn't quite sure what she wanted to say to him. She knew about her prior commitment Jared, but that gut feeling told her that something was off.

"Floris," she started, "I'm having relationship issues— I'm doubting my partner..." she said. She hadn't noticed, but a warm stream of tears drifted slowly down her cheek. Floris looked intently at his camera, studying her for a minute. He took a deep breath in and then let out a large sigh.

"Well, how can I help you?" he offered, making eye contact with his webcam once more. Y/N wiped her teary eyes and blotted her cheek with her sleeve. She stared up at the popcorn ceiling for a minute, hoping to find the right answers.

"It's... complicated," she started, "you're my best friend, Floris. He's my... boyfriend. I guess— I'm not sure. Things haven't been going well lately and I just don't know what to do," she finished, looking back at her webcam as well. Her and Floris sat in silence for a minute.

"Well, it can't be that hard to dump that douchebag," he said abruptly. Y/N froze for a second before making a response.

"That was quite rude of you, Floris," she stated, looking away from the camera. He let out a long sigh.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. You know how I feel about your relationship, though,"

'How he feels about my relationship...' Y/N thought to herself.

"What do you mean?" she asked, pursing her lips. Floris sighed, again. He seems to be full of it today.

"You know he's taking advantage of you. Why don't you do anything about it?" Y/N's eyes widened as she thought about what he had just said.

"Taking... advantage of me?" she asked, looking down at her hands. Her nails were disheveled from picking at them intently, and her knuckles red from rubbing her hands so hardly- an anxious habit she had developed years prior.

"Yes. I'm shocked you can't see that for yourself. You've been together for what, 2 years now? The guy hasn't even mentioned marriage once, Y/N!"

"Well, maybe it's because he doesn't want to get married, Floris! Have you ever considered that?" she spewed. Floris was quiet for a minute.

"Yeah. I just... I don't think it's very fair to you." he responded quietly. Y/N noticed that Floris was looking down away from her.

'Not fair to me...' she internalized.

"How is that not fair to me?" she asked.

"I think we should save that conversation for another time," Floris interrupted. Y/N took a second to gather her thoughts before processing a reply. She took a look at Floris. He wasn't looking at the camera- instead, he was petting his cat calmingly.

"Floris, look at me," Y/N yelled. She was starting to get frustrated by Floris' attempts to evade and ignore her. Floris looked up at the camera. He looked... broken. There was no other way to describe the emotion that was displayed on his face. His eyes were red and swollen. Y/N figured that while she was processing her thoughts and feelings he had taken a break to explore his as well. To her surprise, that included him crying. But why? What could be so important about their conversation that caused him to cry? "Floris..." she softly spoke. He just sat there with a blank expression on his face.

"Let's just table it for another night, please." He whispered into his microphone. Y/N felt her stomach drop into the ground. She felt absolutely horrible, even though she couldn't remember anything she said that may have triggered him.

"Okay, well, have a good night..." she trailed off at the end of her sentence. She took another look into his sad eyes and frowned.

"Yeah, you too," he quietly replied as he ended to call. Y/N felt the tears stream down her face, once again, as soon as the call ended.

What had she done?

words: 707 (i just got your messages ;)) if u get that ur a god)