Chapter 18

Thomas POV

"James Hamilton, His Dad" He says. Omfg. He really has the audacity to show up here? After like 10 years?!.

"Get out." I demand. He just looks confused. "Get out of my room, don't talk to me or Alex or anyone and leave him alone. That shouldn't be too hard for you"

"Come on, just let me talk to Alexander" he begs.

"What's up?" Alex asks. James turns around. Alex freezes. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you, and your mum and brother but I could only find out you lived here" James replies.

"Maybe that's cuz James and mum are fucking dead! You would know that or better yet you could have stopped that if you had stayed!" Alex yells.

"Alexander I'm so sorry! I want to make up it up to you. I love you son" James says.

"I'm not your son! Leave me a he hell alone!" Alex runs out.

"Alex!" I sigh. "You better not be here when I come back" I run out and follow Alex. Ugh where Would he go? Washington's? I'll check there.

I run down to his office and knock. "Come in" I walk in "Thomas? What's up?" He asks.

"Have you seen Alex?" I ask.

"No... why?" He did replies.

"His dad showed up and he just ran out of the room. I don't know where he would go" I explain.

"What?! Omg what did his dad say?" He asks standing up.

"Just stuff about him wanting to make it up to him and then Alex yelled at him and left. I thought he could be here" I reply.

"Have you called him?" He asks.

"No..." I get out my phone and call him, he picks up "hey Babe Where'd you go?" I ask.

"Uhh I went to Washington's office" he replies.

"No you're not, I'm here right now. Where are you?" I ask again.

"I just went to get coffee" he says.

"Alright I'm gonna come find you, stay there" I reply and hang up. "He's getting coffee, I'm gonna go find him, thank you" I say and head towards the door.

"When you guys are done tell him to come see me" Washington replies. I nod and walk out. I walk down to the coffee shop and see Alex sitting and a both.

"Hey" I sit next to him.

"Hey" he replies, staring down at his coffee.

"How you feelin?" I ask.

"I dunno. I just don't get why he's here, I mean it's been 10 years since he left! He never texting or visited me he didn't even know mum and James were dead and then he just Shows up and says he wants to make it up to me. What am I supposed to say to him? The first 2 years I blamed myself then when my mum died I just wanted him to come back, the James died and that's when I started hating him. He can't just come back and ruin everything again! I actually have a life now, I have parents and friend and a boyfriend and I'm in college he can't just show up and act like he helped or he deserves to be in my life! I got here myself and I don't need him anymore." He says both angrily and hurt.

"I'm so sorry. You don't deserve this. He's an asshole and he doesn't deserve to be in your life. He blew his chance. Don't feel bad for him, he fucked up any chance he had at being a dad when he left. But as much as I hate him you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. Everything he did to your family, every terrible thing that happened to you made you who you are now." I reply.

"So you think I should be thanking him?!"

"no of course not! He's a dick. I'm just saying look on the bright side. Instead of stressing about this just take a minute and look at where you are and where you started, the fact that you're alive is a miracle. I do hate him tho and are very open to beating him up" I say he laughs a little.

"Yeah I guess you're right. I-I'm gonna talk to him" he replies and stands up.

"Ok, oh and Washington wanted you to go see him first"I say. He nods and walks away.

Alex POV

I walk up to dads office and open the door. "Hey, Thomas said you wanted to see me?" I ask.

"Yeah, are you ok? He told me what happened" he replies, standing up and walking over to me.

"Yeah I'm fine. It just pisses me off that he thinks he can come here and act like my dad" I my mumble.

"I know, I'm sorry. Do you want him in your life?" He asks. I shake my head, that asshole doesn't deserve to be forgiven. "Can I talk to him?"

"No! Dad please don't! He doesn't know I'm adopted..... he thinks I'm living with someone in he family" just as I'm saying this the door opens and of course James come in.

"Son there You are!"

"I'm not your son" I scowl. He ignores me.

"You know teachers aren't supposed to be alone with students." He points out.

"And random old men aren't alone in school grounds" Dad replies.

"I'm his father, son is he harassing you?"

"Don't call me son" he ignore me again.

"Fathers raise their kids, you probably don't even know how old he is"

"We're done here, Alex let's go" James starts walking out but I stay "Son let's-"

"Call me son one more time!" I yell.

"Alex maybe you should go find Thomas again?" Dad suggests after a minute. I nod and walk out, I walk back up to my room where Thomas is.

Like 10 minutes later there's a knock on the door, Thomas gets up to open it, I expect it to be Dad but I see James instead. "Didn't I tell you to leave?" Thomas asks.

I stand up and walk over to him "it's ok baby, I wanted to talk to him" I say to Thomas, he just nods.

"Washington and I talked, well he talked at me, but I'm sorry for leaving you, and I'm sorry that Rachel and James died. I know I can't call myself your dad cuz I'm not anymore, but I hope you can forgive me one day" James says unconvincingly.

"Your not sorry, Dad just told you to say something like that, you're an asshole who cared more about money than his family and you'll always be that same asshole" I reply and close the door on him.

"You okay?" Thomas asks. I shake my head and  just hug him. He sighs and hugs me back.