fifteen

Someone knocks at my door. "Come in" I say as my mother opens my door and puts down a piece of cake on my desk. "Thanks mum" I say. "No problem sweetie" she replies closing the door as she leaves.

The cake she made for me tasted so nice, it was a red velvet cake with extra icing and chocolate sprinkles on top. Honestly the best cake I've ever tasted.

I go downstairs to wash my plate that the cake was on when the doorbell rings. "I got it" my mum shouts to me from the living room. I hear the door open but then no noise is heard, I walk over to the door when Norah, Abby, Max and my mum jump out. "Surprise!" they shout making me jump out of my skin. "Omg I nearly had a heart attack" I laugh.

"Go and wait upstairs Amelie, I'll tell you when you can come down" my mum says sneakily. After waiting for what seemed like an hour I got fed up. "Can I come down now?" I ask. "We're ready!" my mum says as I walk down the stairs.

"Happy Birthday!" they all shout as I turn around the corner to see balloons and banners everywhere. "Welcome to your birthday surprise!" my mum shouts. "Okay, now. Over here, we have our beauty corner and over here, we have our karaoke dress-up corner" my mum says with excitement. "Isn't it fabulous?" Norah asks me. "Absolutely unbelievable" I laugh with joy.

The girls and I paint our nails as Max suggests we get some drinks. I would ask my mum straight up for some bottles but I'm scared incase she would freak out and then take it herself. So I thought of the next best thing...

"Hey, mum. Me and the girls think we should have a champagne toast for my 16th birthday! It would be really cool and would make this party the best!" I say trying to persuade her. "Ok...But only one birthday toast" she replies. "Yes!" Max squeals.

My mum gets the key for the alcohol cupboard and opens it. "I can grab those" I tell her referring to the glasses so the girls could substitute the alcohol for water and put it in Max's bag whilst I help my mum in the kitchen. "Thanks, lock it up" she says walking to the kitchen as I follow behind her smiling at the girls.

We come back into the room with the champagne glasses and hand them to the girls. "Here you go girls" my mum says. "To Amelie" she says raising her glass. "Happy birthday!" the girls cheer and we drink the champagne.

Mum has organised a sleepover but me and the girls are going to sneak out to Max's house for the party. I would tell my mum but I'd feel bad for her to go to all this trouble and then realise I didn't want to be here.

.....

The girls and I are now lying on my bed in our pyjamas as my mum comes in and puts on a movie for us to watch. "Now this movie is one of the best. Trust me on this one. You're in for a treat. Right, night ladies!" she says as she closes the door leaving. "Good night!" we all shout back.

Once the door shuts we all get up and start putting pillows under the bed to make it look like our bodies. After making it look like we were all sleeping, we started getting dressed and putting our makeup on. I didn't know what to wear so I let the girls decide, they finally picked out an outfit for me.
The outfit:

Trying to keep Max quiet whilst we get ready is like mission impossible

Trying to keep Max quiet whilst we get ready is like mission impossible. "This is, like, so secret agent of us" she says grabbing her bag with the alcohol inside. We climb out the window and go in to Max's house.

.....

"Let's play some Beirut!" Brodie shouts as everyone cheers. Me and Abby Vs Matt and Brodie. Brodie goes first and gets the ball in the cup. We keep playing, drinking as we go until Abby and I finally win. She lifts me up in the air and spins me around as everyone laughs.

Brodie comes up beside me whilst everyone gets food. "Birthday girl looking as fire as always" he says. "Aw thank you" I reply seeing Matt and Alex watching our conversation. "With the ass that you have your just perfect" he says making me uncomfortable but I laugh it off.

"What the hell man? Who says that?" Alex says joining in to the convention. "What?" Brodie chuckles walking away. "Sorry about Brodie" Alex says to me. "It's okay" I laugh.

"Who wants to play spin the bottle?" Max shouts out. Everyone gets in a circle and Brodie goes first landing on Abby, they kiss in front of everyone and then it's Jordan's turn. The bottle lands on Norah and they kiss too. "Amelie your turn" Brodie says nudging me. I lift the bottle and spin it. Watching it take it's finally spin it lands on Matt...

We stand up and he comes over to me. "Are you sure you wanna do this?" he asks. "Yeah" I laugh. He pulls my face up to his as we start kissing, the kiss starts to get passionate as everyone starts to cheer except Alex. "Okay, you can stop now" Alex says sounding annoyed. When we separate I see Marcus had watched the whole thing, which was extremely awkward.

I go to walk over to him but the noise of sirens makes me stop and look at Max. She tells me we need to run and go back to my house as everyone starts screaming. We quickly leave her house and climb back through my window into my room. We throw the pillows out of my bed and climb in to it pretending we were there the whole time.

I get anxious incase my mum knows we left so I leave my bed and go into her room. I see her reading a book and I walk over to sit on her bed. "Hey sweetie. How was the movie" she asks. "Yeah really good" I reply. "That's good. You better get some sleep though" she says. "Yeah I will. I just came to say thank you for today" I lie. "Your welcome sweetie I'm glad you enjoyed it" she replies kissing my head. "Now go on to sleep" she says. "Goodnight mum. I love you" I say leaving her room.