three

The school day was finally over. After a long tiring day Amelie couldn't wait to go home. She knew Marcus wanted to talk about something earlier but she brushed it off thinking it was just something about his sister Maxine.

Amelie's POV

I'm at my locker putting my books in my bag ready to finally go home. Max comes up behind me, "Do you want to come over to my house, we can do our English homework together?". I smile at her. "Yeah sure, let me just text my mum and let her know" I say as Maxine hugs me. "We are going to have so much fun and I can help you get ready for your date with Alex!" It's not a date. Is it? "Yeah yeah, that'll be fun" I reply.

Messages
_____________________________
Mother

Hi mum, just letting you know I'm
going over to my new friends house,
she's called max and lives next door

That's great that your making friends already, didn't I tell you it would be fine! Although your going to be missing out on my fabulous chicken curry for diner! Have fun sweetie x

I also have a date btw

That's great, what's he called?

His name is Alex and we are
going to the skating park

Have fun and remember to stay safe! x

Will do x
________________________________

.....

"Your room is so pretty Max" I tell her as I look at all the photos hanging from her walls. "Thank you, I designed it all myself" she laughs.

"I'll be right back I'm just going to the loo" Max says. She leaves me in her room. I take my laptop out of my bag and try to start my English essay, sitting on a ledge beside Max's room window.

I hear footsteps approach. Raising my head from the bright screen of my laptop. I see Marcus walking towards me at a steady speed. He doesn't say anything to me, but is about two inches from my face. I don't act nervous as I got a feeling he was pretending to kiss me. I reach behind the cushion I'm lying on and lift out a packet. "How'd you know I was looking for that?" he asks. "First thing I noticed when I came in, you should find a better hiding spot next time" I smile as he smirks and turns to walk out of Max's room.

If he wants to play, we can play.

Max comes back into the room, watching Marcus leave. "Uh, what are you doing in here talking to her?" she says. "Just saying hello" he replies doing his signature "sailor" wave goodbye to me.

"Sorry, he is so annoying" Max says and I laugh, "I've met worse" I reply. "No really, I do not know how we are blood related" max says. "You do look quite similar to be fair" I chuckle as she glares at me. "Take that back right now" she says sternly as we both laugh.

We work on our essays for about an hour. Then I need the toilet because my bladder is fucked. I ask Max where it is and she says, "Just down the hall on the left" she smiles to me as I walk out of her room.

Me being me, I can't tell my left from my right. I walk down the hall trying to figure out which door is left. Of course I open the wrong fucking door.

I see Marcus lying across his bed, he looks up at me and smiles, "Stalking me neighbour?".
I reply sharply, "Don't flatter yourself, I was just trying to find the bathroom actually" I roll my eyes and shut the door.

"Finally your back, what took you so long? We have to get you ready for tonight!!" Max exclaims. I think she's more excited about this date than me.

"I don't have anything to wear Max" I tell her. She gets up and runs to her wardrobe. "I have JUST the thing for you, it would suit you so much Amelie!" she replies in an exciting tone.

The outfit

"Oh my word, I love it!" I admire my outfit in her mirror and she says, "It was literally made for you Amelie, you can keep it"

"What no, I couldn't Max" I reply. "Yes you could, and you will" she laughs. "Thank you so much Max" I run over to her and give her a huge hug.

"Right, now makeup time" max winks at me. After countless minutes of max slapping stuff on my face she was finally finished. "As beautiful as ever" she admires her work. "Thanks for doing this for me" I say. "Girl, anytime. I got you" she smiles.

"Wow, you just look so amazing Amelie" max says looking at me. "Thank you so much Max, for all of this. From being so welcoming to me, allowing me into your house and getting me ready for my date. I'm so glad to have met you" I say. "Stop, your gonna make me all soppy now" she laughs and I do too.

Marcus' POV

All I can hear from Maxine's room is how perfect Amelie and Alex would be. Maxine wouldn't shut up about it. I didn't want to hear anymore so I went downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey mum" I say to my mother who was making diner. "Hi Marcus, who's that girl that's with Maxine, she's very pretty" she replies. "That's Amelie she's new, her mother, brother and her just moved in next door" I say. "What's with the long face Marcus" my mother worryingly replies. "Uh, nothing it doesn't matter. I'm going to go to the skating park. I'll be back soon" I say as I leave the kitchen and head out to my garage to get my skateboard.

I hear a door opening and turn to see Amelie leaving my house, guessing that she was about to go on her date. She was beautiful, just like always but this time something was different.

She notices me and pretends to not acknowledge me, walking down the path. "Ignoring me now neighbour?" I ask. She turns, walking right up to me so our faces are hardly apart, "You don't deserve my attention" I smile back. I stare into her feisty green eyes getting lost in them, without realising I start to lean in. "Oh, but I do"

I place my hand on her cheek and start gently kissing her. Her lips were soft and it was calm. It started getting intense and turned into a whole make out scene. Her hands trailed through my hair. Then it hit me that I was actually kissing her. Kissing. Her.

Amelie's POV

He was so gentle, lightly gripping my cheek as we were kissing. Suddenly I pushed him off me and touched my lips with my fingertips. I realised what had just happened, I just kissed my new friends twin brother. I didn't know what to say. Finally words formed in my mouth, "What the hell, why did you kiss me?" He replies, "I'm, uh-, sorry. I don't know it just happened. You did kiss me back though". "Look I've got somewhere to be" I say turning and walking away, not knowing what to think.