two

I fix my hair and straighten my posture as I walk past the teenagers following me with their gaze as I walk into the school. Some opening their mouths and making whistle noises. I wanted to get to my new locker as fast as possible to avoid talking to anyone.

I finally find my locker, I place my books inside and take a deep breath. Although for some reason I couldn't forget the boy I just encountered on the street.

I was deep in my thoughts when I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was a girl. She was very pretty and had long brown hair. "Hiii, I'm Maxine but you can call me Max!"

"Oh hey, I'm Amelie. I'm new here if you didn't guess that already". She smiles at me and replies, "You have been causing some commotion between the boys". She nudges me twice and winks at me. "Commotion? What?" I reply.

"Yeah so they basically all fancy you, especially that one there...Alex". She points at a tall blonde, his eyes as blue as the ocean, he smiles up at me and I return the gesture.

"Sounds a bit dramatic, max. How could they possibly fancy me when they don't even know me, I could be a horrible person" I laugh. Max giggles and says, "You're too pretty to be horrible". "That is not true. But thank you, Max. My ego needed boosting" I say as I shut my locker door and get a shock as Marcus is just standing there behind it.

"Jesus Christ" I say trying to catch my breath back. "Sorry about that. I was just wondering if you'd like—". He gets interrupted by Max, "What are you doing? Leave us alone Marcus". She rolls her eyes and apologises to me. "Sorry that's Marcus, my twin brother, he gets a new girl every week. Don't fall into his trap. But something about you makes me think you're too smart for that" She says as she puts her arm over my shoulders and walks me towards a group of boys and girls.

"Hey hot stuff" One boy says and another replies, "No bro, I called dibs". Max replies, "Can you all just shut up. This is Amelie. She is NOT for dibs, hear me boys. If anyone gets her it's me" max grins jokingly. They all roll there eyes but I knew they were all just joking around. "Hi, I'm Abby and this is Norah" they both smile at me and I smile back. "This is Brodie, Alex, Press, Simon and Matt" Max says. They each give me a wave and I smile back to them.

"Right, well me and Amelie have to go to English. Ugh, I despise Mr Lounger so much and English for that matter. Hate you, kidding!" Max says as I wave to them all and she brings me to our English class.

Mr lounger looked like an ancient statue. He spoke in a rusty and deep tone, "Welcome everyone, today we welcome a new student Amelie Salvatore. Everyone I expect you to welcome Amelie to our school and to show her around the place. Now, I would like you all to open up to page 52...." He continued to speak but I stopped listening, already bored of this class.

I kept checking my watch every minute just waiting for the bell to ring, this class was killing me.

Finally I hear the bell ring and Max jumps up. She comes over to me and says, "Thank god, time for lunch". "My stomach won't shut the fuck up" I groan as I was absolutely famished from sitting in a class for 4 periods, with no snack breaks might I add.

Marcus' POV

I don't know what it is about that girl. She seems different and complicated. I can't stop thinking about her and I only know her fucking name. What's wrong with me.

It was lunch, finally. I was sitting by myself like I normally do eating my burrito. Then I seen her. She was laughing and talking to Max and Alex. There's something about her that draws me to her, I need to get to know her.

I got up off my seat and started to walk towards her. Only Alex was with her now as Max went to go to the toilet. "Hey man" Alex says as he sees me approaching. "Hey, I was just wondering if I could speak to Amelie" I said trying not to sound weird.

"Oh uh, yeah sure Marcus. Remember 6pm tonight, Amelie" Alex says as he turns to her, she smiles and nods.

"What's at 6 tonight?" I ask. "Oh, just Alex asked me out" She says with a smile on her pretty little face. "Oh okay, that's nice" I reply as I turn to leave.

I feel a hand on my shoulder turning me back around. "Wait, what did you want to talk about?" She asks me in confusion. "Oh it's nothing, doesn't matter" I say, quickly walking away.

I'm not jealous. I'm just. Annoyed.