Chapter 1

Lucy's POV:

  I  was not thrilled about this.  Not one single bit.

   I  barely got up as it is, and now my folks expected me to shower, get dressed, brush my hair, eat breakfast, and have my glass of tea all before it was time to leave for the Annual Strawberry Festival.

   I could not believe it was today, and I had forgotten all about it.

   How embarrassing!

   I  scrubbed the shampoo through my hair as the water cascaded down my back.

   As soon as I finished rinsing and adding in the conditioner, my hair felt silky and smooth as ever. My hair was red and quite beautiful.  Goodness, my mother had blonde hair, and my father's hair was jet black.  Even my sister was born with blonde hair like mothers.

    No one spoke much about her, not since the accident that took her life.

     It was nearly five years ago, and still, they rarely brought it up. It was almost as if they wanted to forget all about that chapter of their lives.

  Once I finished in the shower, I dried my hair, styled it, and got dressed.

    I raced downstairs once in my pink dress with bright red cherries on it and matching sandals. 

  I  had my hair pulled back in a bun.

   It was about time someone explained to my mother that I hated pink.

   Everyone else knew it. Even grandmother knew I was into turquoise now.

  I stepped into the kitchen.  Before I could say a word to mother, my jaw dropped.

  I saw him standing there in the place like he owned it or something.

  Great, it is him again.

  I sighed.

  Today was about to get interesting.

 Find out more in Chapter 2

   until then,

 bye, bye little owlets!

  -Summer out!