Bonus Chapter 5

Morgan's POV:

  I hear a train whistle. This could only mean one thing someone has arrived here by train.

   Who could it be?

   I don't recall sending it to anyone.

   I smiled as a thought crossed my mind,  perhaps Lucy came to see me.

   I woke up with someone standing near me.

   "Where am I?" I ask.

    "Morgan, thank goodness, you are awake," I heard someone say. I could tell she was relieved.

      I looked at her with a huge grin. "Hi, are you an angel?" I ask.

        "Morgan, I came as soon as my father told me," Lucy says.

        "Awe, you were worried about me," I tease her.

          "Yes, I was worried. You are my boyfriend and you collapsed," Lucy explains.

             "I am glad to see you," I say.

         "I am happy to see you too, now get better soon," Lucy says. I can tell she has been crying. I feel bad that she has been upset because of me. I  promised myself and her not to be the one to break her heart.

         "I  do not know what happened. I recall reading your letter, and next thing I know I wake up here," I say. I felt embarrassed that she had to see me in such a state. I am wearing a hospital gown, and don't feel much under it. How awkward.

             I can tell she is wearing a nice dress. I suppose it looked better before her arrival. Anyway, despite the wrinkles in her attire, I love her.

             "It was nice of you to come, I love you," I tell her.

               "I will come anytime you need me. I love you too," Lucy says.

     A few weeks later, I am better. I go home and Lucy stays to tend to me.

     I don't think I need her help. I don't say as much because I know she can be stubborn, especially when it concerns me.

     "Morgan, try to eat some more of the oatmeal," Lucy pleads with me.

    "Fine, I will, even though I hate the stuff," I whine. I eat some more.

       Lucy seems pleased with herself. I can tell when she twirls around the room. 

          I get up and hold her hand. "I have been prepared to do this for ages," I confess. I pull out the ring and smirk when she blushes.  I look at her, "Will you marry me, Lucy?" I ask.

         "Yes, Morgan, I will marry you. I fell in love with you the day of The Strawberry Festival years ago," I hear her confess. I grin. "Told you I would win you over, darling," I brag.

         I laugh as she scrunches her nose as I put the ring on her.

          "What is with the face? We are engaged not having a bowel movement," I tease her.

             Lucy laughs. "What am I going to do with you, silly boy?"

             "I know you are going to marry me, because you agreed to it," I remark.

 Two months later...

             True to her word, she did marry me. It is hard to believe that was two months ago that we were engaged and here we are married. I do not how we managed to pull it off so fast.

          I suppose it was with the help of family, and friends, our love for each other, and our love for God that made it happen.

       I smirked at my wife who stood wearing a strawberry-patterned nightgown.  "Lucy you look delicious in that nightgown, dear." Lucy blushes. "Oh, yeah, well you look hot in those boxers, dear," She teases me since I have on the hot pepper boxers I got from her as a wedding gift.

     We both have a good laugh. Laughter makes the heart grow fonder, I thought. Yes, Lucy and I are together at last.

    Her father was disappointed at first that she was not moving back home. Her mother sent some strawberry plant off-shots. Would you know it? Lucy plants them. In a few years, we can make some delicious strawberry jam.

    One year later, our little one is born. We named her Strawberry Jane because we both agreed that was best.  Yes, our family is complete now. 

    The end... at long last, phew!  I hope you enjoyed the entire story including all these bonus parts. 

bye-bye,

little owlets!

Summer out!