𝐁𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞 - 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐀𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐫

"Y/N Steven's here!" My mom says. I put away my book and go downstairs to see Steven talking my mom. "Hey Steven." I give him a high five. "Hey Y/N, you ready?" He asks and I nod. I say goodbye to my mom and she tells me to be home before it gets dark.

Steven and I have been best friends ever since we were 2. So yeah, 15 years. Our parents are business partners and we met at some dinner and ever since the, we have been unseperable.

We walk up to our favourite restaurant, Luigi's. Steven and I have known the owner since we were 10 and we've been going here ever since. "Hey Luigi!" Steven greets. Luigi waves at us and we sit at a table. "You guys want the regular?" Luigi asks with his mild Italian accent. We nod and he goes into the kitchen.

A couple minutes later, we get our food and start to eat. I see Steven fidgeting. "Steve? You okay?" He looks up at me. "Yeah. Just fine." I slowly nod and continue eating. There's something definitely wrong with him. He never sits quietly. 

We finish up our food and pay Luigi. "So where do you want to go now?" I ask. Steven just shrugs. Something is 100% wrong. "Ok man you have to tell me what's going on." His face turns into one of worry and I become more concerned. "Well, it's very complicated Y/N. Its's not something I can just relax about." I take his hand. "Tell me, I'm here for you." He sighs and leads me to this bench that overlooks the sun. 

"I don't know how to say this Y/N." He starts fidgeting with his fingers. "Please tell me. I'm very worried." I angle his face to me. His eyes are full of nervousness and worry. Suddenly, he kisses me.

I freeze in shock. What's happening. I pull away. "Steven?" I say, not knowing what to say. "Oh god Y/N. I'm so sorry, I didn't know what came over me." He stands up but I grab his hand. I stand up too. "No Steven it's ok, but what's going on?" He sighs. "I like you Y/N. I have ever since middle school." My eyes widen. He likes me?

"I just didn't tell you because I thought you'd stop hanging out with me." I hug him. That's all I could think to do at this moment. The truth is, I like him too. I Just never had the courage to tell him. I pull away from the hug and kiss him. He immediately kisses me back. I pull away and look into his eyes. "I like you too." He laughs. "Really?" I nod and he kisses me again. I could feel his smile.

"Does this mean you'll be my girlfriend?" I start chuckling. "Yes of course it does Steven."

We went around the town, holding hands for the rest of the day. He walked me back to house and my mom saw us holding hand. We told her the news and let's just say she was overjoyed.