thirty-two: black sheep.

J E L A N I

J E L A N I

"Yeah, I just pulled up at the parlor

"Yeah, I just pulled up at the parlor. Make sure none of my friends are there, okay..." Jelani rushed. It had been two days since she found out that she was eight weeks pregnant with Xavier's child. Surprisingly, she wasn't showing yet but the doctor mentioned that the baby would probably be the size of a raspberry in at least two weeks time.

They both didn't talk much about the baby that she was carrying — though there was a difference in how much Xavier cared for her. Jelani would do research on what to do and not want to do. She hadn't told her parents yet, nor had she talked to her older brothers.

Jelani and Xavier met at the tattoo parlor. They had this plan of completely avoiding the situation  until Jerry would bring it up. So, they decided that meeting at the parlor would be the best way to confront the situation.

Jelani walked in, and walked into Xavier's booth. "Hey, hey," She greeted. Xavier was still busy with another client when he looked up and smiled at her. "Am I disturbing?" She asked. "No, not at all," The sweet guy replied. Jelani sat next to the man's friend, patiently waiting for Xavier to finish.

When they left Jelani looked at him, waiting for him to say something. "So," He finally said, moving his long hair out of his face. "Lemme see the design," he said, taking Jelani's design book out of her manicured hands. "Shit Lani, this is really good," he said analyzing the design.

"It's going to take some time, so do you wanna start with it today or later...?" He asked. "We should do something," She smiled, changing the subject. Xavier nodded. "Like?"

"I wanna get a matching tattoo with you. I know it's stupid — but for once I want to make a stupid mistake. You understand, right?" She shrugged.

"Matching tattoos is bold," he smiled, moving his hair to the side. Eventually she stood up and tied his hair up, smiling at him while she was at it. "Matching tattoos is so us," She shrugged. It would make sense — at that point the two were finding useless reasons to be around one another all the time.