seven: FWB.

J E L A N I

She was going to visit her sister and her family that day

She was going to visit her sister and her family that day. Obviously, she couldn't stop thinking about Xavier. Her tat ended up looking dope as fuck — she was obsessed with it.

"Khadijah and I are coming over today,"  Jelani said over the phone to her older brother, Ace. "Mom and Dad want to see you, Je," He spoke on the other side. Jelani hated her parents, merely only because they hated her too. "Tek ya sister and yourself. We oughtta see em, Je," He said. Jelani's brother would often switch from English to Jamaican-English, he was the eldest so he grew up with Jelani's mother who's Jamaican. Jelani grew up on her own, her parents sent off her and her sister to live with their abusive aunt when they were only just 10. Jelani only  reconnected with her parents at the age of 18, but she didn't want to see them.

By 18, Jelani already had her life planned out. She had won tons of cash secretly from entering her sister, Khadijah, in a beauty pageant. They split up the money and saved up for college. Both the sisters worked many jobs when they were younger but finally found their passions — Jelani in makeup artistry and Khadijah as an accountant. Their jobs were different, both the girls were — but they were best friends. Nothing could ever diminish their friendship and trust for one another.

Jelani got in her car and drove to her sister's house. Khadijah had married her husband at the age of 19, Jelani supported her. Her husband was 26 when they married but Khadijah still loved him. He was a white Australian man, who wasn't really approved by Jelani's parents but both the sisters didn't care. Khadijah is younger than Jelani by a year, and already has three children.

Khadijah Amaka River
- Jelani's 'sister'.

Jelani stepped out of the car and knocked on the huge white door. Her sister opened the door, wearing a traditional blue wrapper around her body and a scarf on her hair. "Nnọọ," her sister greeted. Welcome. "Hey, how are you?" Jelani asked, hugging her sister tightly. Khadijah was beautiful — she had a skin condition — Vitiligo. Khadijah was basically Jelani's cousin because she was Lani's aunts' daughter, but Jelani considered her a sister. Her aunt hated the way Khadijah turned out with vitiligo, so the sisters didn't necessarily grow up in the healthiest environment.

"We have to visit Mama and Papa today," Jelani stated as she plopped onto the couch. "I don't want to," Khadijah stated. "We have to." Jelani  put her hand on her head. "Apparently they have news to tell us," Jelani elaborated. "Do I need to remind you the way they treated us the last time we visited them?" Khadijah exclaimed, pouring a mug of African tea for Jelani. "I know, but we still have to go." Khadijah scoffed as she placed the mug in front of Jelani. "And how're the kids?" Jelani smiled. Khadijah looked stressed. Usually, she'd dress up almost everyday, but that day was different. "They're good." Jelani raised a brow in suspicion. "And where's the husband?" She asked. "I don't know. I haven't seen him. I've been calling and calling. He won't pick up," Khadijah stated, staring at the marble floors. "What a dick, when did he disappear?" She exclaimed. "Last night."
"And did you bother calling the cops?" Jelani asked, exaggerating.