thirty-one: knocked up.

J E L A N I

J E L A N I

Jelani stood up immediately as she woke up and sprinted to the bathroom

Jelani stood up immediately as she woke up and sprinted to the bathroom. Yet again, it was another day in which her period never came, she woke up sick and all possible observations that she found had lead to pregnancy.

She talked to her older sister the first time she began waking up and vomiting. Afraid and undecided on what to do, Jelani stayed on the bathroom floor until she heard him wake him. She flushed the toilet and rushed to the sink and pretended to be brushing her teeth as he walked in.

"Hey," He said, groggily hugging her from behind. "Brush your teeth, boy," She muttered, handing an unused toothbrush to him. "How're you?" He asked standing next to her. For a moment, Jelani pictured waking up every morning and brushing their teeth in synchrony.

"What's wrong, Jelani?" He asked her. She turned to him in denial, trying to convince herself that this seriously wasn't happening. Not now, she thought. Considering that their relationship wasn't guaranteed stable, Jelani began to consider her options:

1. Tell Xavier and accept what would happen.

2. Go back to Jamaica and raise the child on her own.

3. Wait for him to notice until he's practically forced to raise the child.

4. Deletus Fetus.

Obviously, none of those had been finalized yet because she hadn't taken a test and she may've just been extremely sick.

She still needed to go to her doctor to verify what exactly was going on with her. "I'm just feeling a little nauseous," She sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. As if he read her mind Xavier asked, "Are you sick because of pregnancy?"

Jelani turned to face him in the eye with her eyes widened with shock. "I don't know. It could be but I doubt it," She murmured. He shifted awkwardly and paused from brushing his teeth.