o3. where all the monsters go..

"Agh

"Agh...," Rita groaned. Underneath her fingertips, she felt the moist of the ground, the forming mud and its humidity. But the scent was not tjat of fresh soil, yet much closer to the stench of degradation and death.

At first, she blinked her eyes open, thinking her eyesight was off and her pupil found it hard to ajust after that bright light she remembered. But three long breaths later, when a cough made her sit up, Rita realized it wasn't her eyes to blame, but the place itself.

A dark forest, where even those green colors she enjoyed have turned to a washed out grey and as if everything wasn't blurred enough, the fog helped your eyes away from actually seeing the gloom.

"Fuck..." As she looked around, her eyes ended up on the ground at last. It made her realize she has been laying amongst a "nice" blanket of bones, still covered in some flesh, eaten away by time. Rita jumped up on her feet and stumbled away from the horrifying scene.

"Very funny, God," she mumbled, eyes wide and alert. There was a certain chill to this environment so she crossed her arms at her chest, as if to hug herself away from the cold. It was dead silent too and really, she couldn't bring herself to break quietness, so even her next words were mere whispers, "Very fucking funny."

With no idea where she was, how long she's been there for or who killed those things that have been rotting next to her, Rita only knew she had to keep a very low profile on the way out of that damned forest. So that's what she did: she started walking, in an arbitrary direction, not after any certain judgment.

Dark and quiet, scent of decay, she thought out what she noticed thus far, If I haven't been to Hell already, I'd say that's where I winded up now.

A quick and swift rumble of leaves was as loud as thunder for her then, making her jump around and stop. "Didn't like the sound of that...," Rita admitted out loud. The growl that answered her was all she needed to turn her stroll into a sprint, and then into a run, even though she had no idea what followed.

Nothing good, she thought the answer, associating that fright with whatever killed those people she woke up next to.

Just when she started running out of air and gasping for a brake, she heard the rumble behind her again. She whimpered lightly, maybe even had a flashback of her own car chasing her like this some long time ago, but Rita let the adrenaline take over her and help her ignore the pain in her legs, just to keep on running.

All until something charged her from the side and she was pinned beneath a monster with sharp teeth. Then... well, she did what any human would do first, when their powers were all out of reach: scream.

"She'll be alright, Dean," Castiel tried to reassure his friend, getting ready to leave, but even the angel had a hard time believing his words. He has only heard the minimum of tales of the Purgatory and even those seemed horrifying to him.