side. history of the universe..

NOTE -    This book will feature short chapters without numbers, called "sides". These chapters add details to the story, clarify confusing scenarios and, overall, offer a bit of insight on things the characters know, but we don't. Each side will be narrated by someone else, from the characters.

This is the first "side", narrated by Anubis.
Enjoy <3

The history of the Universe

The breath of the Creator was not what started it all, if that's what you've been taught. It the beginning, time didn't start, reality was still unborn and all space was compacted into a singularity.

Then, the thought came. And with a thought, light travelled with its remarkable speed to all corners of the known universe, creating Time, Space and Reality, the three components that fuelled the existence on all planes, between mantles and barries still unknown.

From their existence was separated ours: the Gods. That's what they named us, for each could hold powers derived from our source. I came from Reality, taking upon myself to guide soul, nothing but energy forms, and protect them through transcendence to afterlife or beyond.

Along with me, have been others, but one has stood out, for I remember he understood Reality, speaking her divine language. His name was long lost, amongst the last letters of the human alphabet, but now, he goes by Chuck.

Unlike others, I wasn't jealous to see Reality and Chuck get along. You see, his power was that of creating life, he has been blessed with a formidable gift, yet his eyes still shone with curiosity at how everything that is to be know cna be known by Reality.

For a while, I could only see that he eased the pain of the source, helping carry the knowledge, but soon, with my eyes honed by energy and tempered with souls, I knew there was a dangerous dependency. And maybe, envy too.

Chuck could create life, he could make us all families and plants, animals, people, but all he created was out of his control and subjects to reality. If his creation was not proper or approved by the laws of the Universe, Reality would make it whither away.

I admit now, in the moments of rememberence, that perhaps, he never truly like that. Though it has never been Reality's fault, I now realize that maybe, Chuck has always desired to have control over all that he has created on his own.

And I remember facing Reality about this hunch once, so long ago that Earth has barely just ceased its molted surface to a rocky land and we called it our empty home. We haven't had bodies in the beginning, not until Chuck has told Reality stories and she breathed out the thought into form.

She danced on the warm ground, radiating the earliest life, "These bodies are miraculous, are they not? He told me that we can improve them..."

"Reality," I spoke over her, the silence of the universe dawning upon me, making it hard to tell if I was nervous or just shy to break the mourning darkness. "Do you wish for help?"

I recall the look on her face when I asked her that. Though I tried, I never got close to imagining how it must have felt to hold the weight of existence itself. I could only exists in multiple planes, helping souls into another life, but once they have been helped, I held close the gift of forgetting.

Reality didn't have that.

She blinked a few times then straightened herself. Her skin cracked with light and oh, she could be so terrifying when serious, just like the world could get brighter if only she smiled. "I heard others complain about my friendships too. Are you here to judge me?"

"No-"

"Then don't."

"I'm just worried," I admitted then to her. "I was born from your power, just like him, yet you blind yourself to how he seems to wish for more."

"And I wish for less, Anubis," Reality looked down. "I cannot close my eyes, nor rest, because I heard the universe pulsing and... I just need a break, am I not worthy of that?"

Strong, but exhausted. Knowledgeable, but too desperate to see the signs. Time moved faster back then, it was not half as old and slow as it is now, so before a plan could even be made, we all woke up in a different world.

Reality became Rita and her essence has been passed on in Chuck's palm. He swore to protect it, he created us a world, but as soon as his days dawned lonely, his grip tightened on that light and everything fated bowed down to his desire, his plan, his plot.

He created worlds of chaos, in which one could never get bored and all brothers and sisters, he treated equally, as monsters, to be hunted and taken out. Time and Space have been quiet, too afraid, for too long, to act without Reality.

That is what I remember, and that is what I will tell. I'm not saving Chuck for his family, those angels, even if they are mere lost souls in need of their shepard. I'm not even saving him to force her to return to pain when she has finally found happiness by that boy.

I'm going to save my brother so I can ask him once: was it worth it? Was the power worth losing your only friends?