side. time around..

( Time's Narration.. )

Remembering when is the first step in understanding why

Remembering when is the first step in understanding why. Chuck, actor of this stage, has been manipulating the Universe, creating that which have never been in the blueprint of balance and of peace. And I, the passage of Time itself, watched this creation fear my existence, following it with dread, and a hazy gaze.

It's hard to remember dates and days and years, yet it's even tougher to forget the facts and the events that set the future. I see it all, bare before my eyes and I understand, unphased, unbiased, all that needs tj be done so that nothing ever crumbles.

This history lesson begins when the Earth was still nurturing its first forms of life underneath a vast of oceans. It was still quiet, the future was still blurred between the lines.

"Why are you wearing this wretched body, Reality?"

Bodies of humans, vessels are what the God of Creation has named them.

"Why aren't you wearing yours? Chuck told me he made one for you and Space as well," Reality spoke back. She hasn't been acting like herself lately. Instead of attending to the needs of a Universe that is expanding, she forced herself in this small vessel, a flawed body, playing on the planet Chuck has taken for himself.

"Chuck's creation is...," stepping down on the water, morphing my own solid form, I realize just how painful it truly is to compress everything into such minuscule things. "It's flawed and... dirty for our truer selves."

"I think it just has room for improvement," Reality smiled.

Such a weird concept, that silly expression. I lack experience and I can even barely stand on this liquid surface, so I don't attempt mimicking the peace and joy she may be feeling.

On her knees, on that translucent surface, and with her hand through it, she was playing, neglecting, forgetting and doing everything she wasn't supposed to do, including feeling.

"It's time you return to us, in your real form. Let us be your companions through the pain, Reality-"

"Rita," she corrected me and got up.

Chuck would call us siblings and if I were to follow his judgement then she should be my sister and I should be her brother, but from what I have heard and learned of his writing, we lack emphatic emotions to share. So we are nothing at all, of course, while being everything.

"I want to go by Rita, it's a pretty name," she continued, sitting up. "And you should go by Tim, short for Time. Space should be... Ace."

"Those are not our names!"

Some of the bacteria beneath our feet, those first forms of life on this planet, vanquished, raptured by the touch of time that dedtroys the body, makes it grow too old, until it's only dust.

My own form fell apart simply by feeling this ounce of rage and pathos. To this day I still wonder, what kind of will would have she needed to contain that body for so long?

"Our duty is beyond the comprehension and existence of these petty games and charades, Rita," I insist as my form returns to normal. Her expressions fell silent and I realize that maybe no smile involves being serious.

"I do not wish to be more than this anymore," she admitted. Maybe some time ago, that was not the case, but now, addicted to the freedom, I see her slip away from what she truly is.

"We cannot let ourselves slip towards such thoughts," I find myself stepping closer. "We weren't meant to grow in such way..."

"With a mind of our own?" Rita tilted her head, continuing my own judgement. "If I want something, then that's what I will be getting. You cannot stop me and you won't be standing in my way either, so really, why are you here?"

The future was hazy, but I knew now she won't be swayed with ease.

"I need you to frosaken this body, this Earth... We are not meant for this tiny life, all souls are created in greatness-"

"Leave," Rita turned away, kneeling once more on the water. It has never been fair, that her dominion let her hear the painful reality of the entire existence, however, things went towards worse from there on.

I don't remember everything, my mind is filled with Time threaded as complicated as a net you have thrown the wrong way, against the current; but I do remember the time when she gave her Essence away.

As she ripped it from herself, we felt it too and when the power slipped into Chuck's grip, the entire story changed, molding after a different creation: Space was reduced to silence, their lips were sealed, I became the enemy the world should wish to escape, but never could.

And as Time, I went by, saw the world fall into place, Gods rising and falling, after an orchestra dictated by Chuck. It could have been eons, or a mere seconds, a blink of an eye, until I have found them all again.

Getting lost in one's mind is a dangerous game, that I barely escaped: my human vessel is now old, to mirror that I am old too.

And yet I found them, Chuck and Rita, in a bar. She has been singing, living and him... My eyes stopped that day on the Essence he tucked away. He claimed for so long to be something that he was not and I could feel the strings in the air, of how he was threading each life in the world.

So I did what I thought a good brother would do: I forgot I can recognize Rita and I let her go. If she wishes to remain human, let her live that fantasy a little while longer, used to be my thoughts.

And I went with them, I've taken Chuck, despite having experience for once being too late. I tried my best, keeping him locked, trying to find the Essence, and restore the balance of the Universe alone, but he couldn't find it and the future kept getting worse before my eyes.

So I let him go, searched on my own. History, it's what I have made and what I can remember and I think... I even felt sorry, when I realized the Essence had to be given and the only one to give it was her.

I set the time bubble, I made way for them to come and once Rita entered the temple of God, all dice have been thrown, all cards were out. This time around, I won't be late no more; this time around, I have learned.