o4. of course, the truth hurts..

"I don't think it's a good idea to be hasty right now, Dean..."

"Hasty?" Dean stopped. The second Sam and Cas parked the Impala outside, he was ready to go, anywhere, just not sitting there, doing apparently nothing. He had his bag ready, flung over his shoulder, hanging down heavily, but maybe not as much of a burden as knowing Rita was not safe, again.

"What's hasty about wanting to go help the girl we said we'll keep safe?"

"For starters," Sam sighed, looking away once Dean's glare fixated him. "We need to know more than just what we do now."

"You're with Sammy on this bullshit, Cas?" Dean pointed at his brother, but looked up at the angel, hoping for some support.

Castiel frowned though, and looked down at Sam and the papers he placed on the table he sat at. "You'll want to hear what Sam has to say..."

"You do realize that the longer we sit around debating, the more likely it is that once we do find Rowena and Rita, we'll just be too late, right?" Dean frowned, looking between Castiel and Sam, halfway disappointed and halfway desperate that he has found himself in such a worried state.

"I don't think that's even her real name."

Sam's sad words got his attention enough to let that bag slide off his shoulder. Dean let it down, closer to the wall and the door, then approached the table with a sigh. "Why?"

"Rita Temple moved in the town we found her two years ago. Before that, there is no records of her, anywhere. No birth certificate-"

"Okay, let me stop you there," Dean raised his hand and let it come down hard over the wooden table. "Since when do you give a crap about these details? Both of you..."

"Since when don't you?" Sam turned the question around, looking up at his brother. "Something is wrong with this case-"

"You mean with Rita?" Dean cut him off. His eyes were so cold, daring Sam to continue with the same attitude. But his brother just swallowed his words instead, giving Cas the change to interfere.

"I agree that if God has blessed... Rita, then we should keep to our word and try to help her. She is probably, after all, the last one to have come in contact with him," Cas spoke calmly. "But if Rowena wanted to just kill her, like every other monster out there, don't you think she would have done it here, quick and clean?"

"We might be walking into something much bigger than we initially thought," Sam softly sighed. "We just need to be certain about this one, because we barely made it out of the last Apocalyptic event."

"Whose fault was that?" Dean coldly replied, making Sam shut his mouth again. He immediately regretted pointing out and throwing the blame just because his brother wanted them all safe. Castiel cared for Heaven, as he should...

And Dean just knew the three of them will never have the life they want. But everyone else didn't have to suffer as them.

With a sigh, the eldest Winchester nodded. "Fine, it's a bit weird. But how about we go find Rowena, get Rita back in one piece and then ask her about all of this. Because she told me she doesn't remember much of her past." His green eyes stopped on the angel, "Once we get her back, you can take a look at her fuzzy memories and see if it has anything to do with your old man. Just make sure she gives her consent to this."

I really have to be the mature one here, Dean thought to himself. He let out a tired groan as he bent down and picked up the bag again. His hand came over his pocket, feeling the keys Sam returned to him after parking.

"I'll...," Castiel trailed off as Dean didn't give them much room to speak over the plan he made. "I'll start a search spell."

"Rowena is probably wearing a cloaking spell herself," Sam sighed, getting up. "But we'll start by searching nearby. She usually teleports to places in a small radius."