side. god's wrath..

Chuck's Narration..

Do you want to know what's worse than having no friends? Having only one friend and that someone replacing you when you need them most

Facts turn to history, history turns to legends and all those things end up forgotten in some dusty corner of a library that will go up in flames. You've heard the story a few times now, I did too, but no one really waited to hear my side, my perspective...

Rita and I go back eons, to the birth of Gods, when I was known only as the God of Creation. My gift was to imagine and create and I made some wondrous things and some not so nice; but everything I made had to be approved by what humans now call the "Laws of Physics".

Back in the beginning, Space and Time handled that bit and they were very strict about what ideas made it in the final cut and which did not. Reality took everything that was accepted and added it onto the matrix of life.

Rita always liked my creation. I could have shown her horrendous creatures and she'd still find something miraculous to point out about them. It was probably the biggest mystery of my life to figure out how she managed to be positive when, unlike the others, felt life, in all known corners.

She used to be in pain and no matter how hard I tried to show that to the other Gods, no one did anything. "That's her duty," they'd tell me, as if such a reason could justify the lack of fairness.

I never stood for injustice and don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

In fact, don't ever believe anyone who claims they know me. The curse of a creator... of an author, is to put himself out there and hope that someone understands. But really, after writing this world for so long, I realized all people make of my story is just a cheap and false interpretation.

Everyone thinks I tricked Reality into becoming human so I can have the power to control? But no one mentioned how I found her in pain, clinging to the decomposing body. No one mentiones the cries and the begging as she held my hand.

Time has made her body wither and lacking youth, it could have never contained all that power anymore.

"Please, I don't want the pain anymore."

"The only way I know how to help is to rewrite your body... but it will still never be able to hold all that-"

"Then take it away from me," Reality cried.

That Essence could have never been honned by silly little me unless given willingly and in those moments, when I was the only who knew her pain, power was the least of my worries. I never absorbed the Essence, I kept it near, but the burden of it was still great.

My only relief was that I did one good thing: made Reality happy.

Time didn't like that. Most of the Gods did not. So, I did what I had to do: changed the world.