oo. prologue..

There are greater things than Gods, just as there are many more Gods than just him

There are greater things than Gods, just as there are many more Gods than just him. The Universe has never been as simple as many believed and very few still remembered all its complexity. You see, knowledge may have been power, but it was also pain.

Reality felt all that pain for so long.

Forever changing, reshaping, learning, watching, feeling... Reality has been alone, until the Gods came around and from all of them, she chose to confide in the one so similar to her, the only one who offered his help.

Chuck, because that's how he called himself now, knew but a glimpse of the torment Reality felt, living the turmoil of thousand of universes and never having a sense of self. They have been friends long before creation, sharing this burden of knowing, but once he created his world and shaped his story, he gave Reality a gift.

He found a way to separate her cosmic purity and place her essence into a body. She became Rita. And Rita was God's secret friend.

Though this trick around the knowledge of the universe worked as long as her memory remained with her cosmic power, tucked away in Chuck's pocket, each time he came to visit, every year, she would get it all back for a night. And they could talk, like they always did.

Amara never knew about Rita. None of God's children knew either. There were some Gods though, they've always posed a threat. But Chuck would take care of it all, not only because Rita has suffered enough before they came around, but because they were friends.

Now it was 2011, March. Chuck was wearing his best suit when he entered the roadside bar, letting the music and the atmosphere overwhelm him with joy. Not having aged a day, he recognize Rita on the stage, for the karaoke night.

As a clueless human, she was just as impressive as before: singing her heart out to "Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry. Quite an irony, God thought.

He liked to think that he was in control of everything, but that has never been more than his favorite lie, a sheer fantasy that his powers have ever been enough. His hand drifted to the pocket of his trousers, grasping the small tricket, containing Rita's real self. However, since she was obviously enjoying herself, he simply decided to wait and watch.