o2. saviour flaw..

Castiel took a step forward, and though his eyes were kind and he vibrated in good intentions, Rita stepped back, making herself one with the wall, if that would be physically possible

"I mean you no harm," Castiel stopped with a sigh of realization. Rita's been through a rough few days and someone appearing out of nowhere was no exactly inspiring trust. However, the angel knew humans bonded easier, so his gaze shifted onto Dean.

Looked upon, the hunter got up and cleared his throat, hardly even trying to avoid being awkward anymore. "It's okay, Rita. Cas... He's an angel."

"A what?" the girl exclaimed. She looked between Dean and this supposed angel, thinking for a brief moment. "Oh, you mean like those Bible things? A real angel?"

"Not as chubby and naked as the murals, but yeah," Dean nodded. "He really does not mean you harm."

"Thank you," Castiel nodded at Dean and continued approaching the girl, who though remained as tense as ever, allowed him to come closer without running away. His hand raised and Rita felt it touch her forehead.

This angel's hand held her head and though she didn't feel anything, Rita could tell that he was deeply concentrated, since he closed his eyes. At last, breathing out so dangerously worried, Castiel stepped back and looked her in the eyes.

There was something truly intimidating behind that blue. It wasn't fear that imposed, but pure respect. "Why are you looking at me like I am going to die?" Rita tilted her head, then quickly looked at Dean and repeated her question. "Why is the actual angel looking at me like I am going to die?"

"Cas?"

His eyes held a very distinguishable pity that Dean recognized and wished he hadn't seen. Though he hardly spent enough time with Rita to grow fond of her, thinking that she'll die was still no easy thought.

Castiel sighed and put some distance between himself and the girl again. "Rita is holding a lot of karmic energy right now."

"If you will tell me karma is coming to get this woman, I will slap you," Dean threatened, gently rubbing with his hand the place between his eyebrows, going then down the bridge of his nose.

"Everyone that exists is part of the universe and contains a certain balance between the good and the bad that happens to them. It's a frequency," Castiel struggled to explain. His words came slowly, as he was thinking them through before letting them out. "So while every human has a normal frequency, Rita has a really pure one."

"I still don't get it," she admitted, looking at Dean for help.

"It's beyond me, doll," he raised his hands, desperate to understand as well. Rita only got more confused by Dean though, because he had no real duty towarda her: why would he even struggle to help?

"It means she has been protected from all harm thus far and now I know it's been a blessing," Castiel continued his explanation, unnecessarily grim.