Chapter 9

"Stop crying you damn Deku!"

"I heard he's quirkless..."

"It's safe to say your son isn't going to develop a quirk."

"I'm sorry Izuku, I wish things were different..."

"... wake up."

Midoriya opened his eyes and jerked up his torso from the ground, his short breaths disturbing the silence that was once there.

But, what exactly was that "there"?
His eyes that looked up were met with nothing but whiteness. He carefully lifted his torso, his head feeling heavy as he looked in front of him, left, right and even behind; but there was nothing around him except the white color that eventually turned to mist whose end he couldn't see.

Where in the world was he?!
His eyebrows narrowed as he tried to recall his last memory.

"Ah!" he yelped and grabbed his head when the memories flooded his mind; the argument with Bakugo, the sudden car lights and the screeching of the breaks.

After that there was nothing but darkness.

No, not exactly. There were voices.
And the last one was without a doubt Akuma's.

He quickly turned his head to the left when a distant sound of clacking was heard. Perhaps a sound of heels?

He attempted to get up but the sharp pain in his hips made him drop to the floor and leave him without air. With gritted teeth he tried to get up again, this time much slower; the pain was still there but it seemed to be suppressed now that he was wary of it.

He wasn't sure where exactly he was headed in all that whiteness but he just continued moving, trying to aim for the place where he heard the walking.

And soon something appeared, the mist clearing around an unusual scene; it was a hospital room whose interior was visible but it looked like a part of the room was just separated from the rest and placed into that misty space. And yet despite nothing else existing outside that half piece of construction, the open door clearly showed the rest of the hospital hallway and people going back and forth.

Even with these bizarre space dimensions existing, Midoriya's focus was on Bakugo sitting next to a bed. And on that bed was Midoriya himself.
Or at least his body which was in a horrible condition.

"Kacchan what's going on?!" he practically yelled at Bakugo but the blond didn't respond in any way.

"Kacchan!"

Again, absolutely no reaction despite Midoriya screaming at the top of his lungs. The realization that Bakugo couldn't hear him hit hard.

Bakugo suddenly moved his arm but halted, looking like was dwelling on something. Midoriya was painfully aware of how exhausted Bakugo looked, the blood stained clothes making it seem worse.

He moved his arm again and took Midoriya's hand.

A small gasp of surprise escaped Midoriya when he felt a warm sensation in his left palm. Despite him squeezing his hand in order to try and take a hold on Bakugo's hand, his own physical body refused to move, leaving Midoriya in frustrated tears and in even more confused state.

The only thing he could do was watch Bakugo place his head on the bed and fall asleep.

"Um excuse me? "
A sudden cough followed by a male voice came from behind, making Midoriya jump in surprised.

His eyes widened in shock when the figure entered his field of vision.

"What- Who- ?! "
His tongue kept twisting as he stared at the man: the two long strains from his wild blonde hair framed his V-shaped face which held a confused expression, his eyebrows narrowed above his eyes, the blue irises standing out in the black color. The man was quite tall and extremely skinny, and yet the simple suit he wore seemed to fit his build.