Chapter 2

Some time must have passed because when Midoriya finally decided to stop leaning on the entrance door and get up, his breathing was back to normal and his heartbeat calmed down.

His legs however were still burning from the intense running and he really needed a glass of water. He threw off the hoodie and made his way into the kitchen.

As the refreshing liquid traveled down his throat, he couldn't help not to remember what just went down.

He made a regretful expression while rubbing his forehead; how could he be so careless and let himself get exposed?

He placed his hands on the counter and leaned on them, thinking of what to do next. He couldn't get close to Bakugo again; otherwise he might just get blown to pieces the second Bakugo spots him.
It's not like he was doing anything wrong or even illegal; he just... wanted to get close without Bakugo noticing him.

Midoriya sighed.
Bakugo was probably fuming back at the convention, being lied to and getting deceived was something he despised ever since they were kids.

A painful smile appeared in Midoriya's face; their childhood was long gone and yet Midoriya was still unable to let it go, always following behind Bakugo even though both of them were already adults.
Maybe this was a sign that it was about time he let the past rest.

A sudden knock on the door made him jump. His eyebrows narrowed; he wasn't expecting anyone.

Ah! Could be the package.
A thought crossed his mind but he quickly realized that it was maybe a bit too early for his order to be delivered just yet.

Another knock was heard, this one much louder.

"Coming!" Midoriya yelled out from the kitchen and quickly made his way to the door, taking a look through the peephole; there was no one on the other side.

With hesitation he opened the door and to his shock, a figure walked out from the side and took a stand between the door frame, leaning one hand on it.
"Long time no see."

"Kacchan!? "
In a state of panic Midoriya tried to shut the door but it was no use, Bakugo caught them with ease and made his way inside, slamming the door behind him.

With every step Bakugo took forward Midoriya had to take two steps back until he ended up with his back glued to the wall, Bakugo slamming his palms on each side of his head.

Looking at Bakugo's towering figure up close, Midoriya couldn't help not to notice how much he had changed; his facial structure was much more firm, he'd gotten much taller and buffer. Midoriya with his slender figure looked like a toothpick next to him.

But Bakugo's flaming and always riled up eyes remained the same.

"You got some explaining to do."
He leaned in close, his voice holding a deep dark tone.

"I! Well- you see I-"
Midoriya couldn't even form a sentence, panic and nervousness enabled him to speak properly while he sweated buckets.

But surprisingly Bakugo wasn't paying attention to him; instead his gaze was averted to the right, looking at the half open door of Midoriya's improvised office. His eyebrows narrowed at the sight of the familiar colors of his costume on the images attached to a corkboard at the bottom of the room.

He looked at Midoriya almost in disbelief and headed towards the room.

"Wait!"
Midoriya grabbed the bottom of Bakugo's gray jacket and tried to hold him back but it was no use, it was like he was trying to stop a bulldozer that just continued to drag him without a sweat.