Chapter 3

Midoriya had a few instances where he'd find himself in some big publisher's building but, compared to Bakugo's agency, they seemed like cheap storage units. If someone had told him that the 50 floor building had a water park in the middle of it, he wouldn't have a problem believing that.

Yesterday he brought what Bakugo asked and after an awkwardly silent dinner, the Number Two Hero basically collapsed on his bed, forcing Midoriya to sleep on the couch.

Bakugo left his apartment the next morning but returned three hours later, telling him that he needed to come with him and before Midoriya had a chance to argue, he was practically dragged into a car and next thing he knew he was at Bakugo's Hero Agency.

He and Bakugo were currently sited next to each other, Midoriya trying to merge with the chair while Bakugo sat with a stoic expression and his arms crossed but, looking at his twitching jaw, Midoriya had a feeling the guy wasn't exactly unbothered by the situation.

They were sitting in Bakugo's manager's office, her enormous portrait placed in front of them.

She was currently standing behind her spacious white desk, leaning her palms on it while glaring at Bakugo.
To say that she was throwing daggers at him would be an understatement; it was more like the whole arsenal. And Midoriya could swear that steam was coming from her skin.

"So, just to summarize;" her tone sounded light, almost curious but something was boiling beneath it, "you were gone for a whole day and missed probably one of the most important interviews of your career, all because you decided to crash at some random guy's place? "

"Yes." Bakugo didn't hesitate for a second.

"Have you no sense of reasonability!? "
His manager's deep voice echoed as if multiple voices spoke, the once beautiful features of her face turned ugly, her eyes going black with glowing red irises, teeth sharpening as she practically growled. A pair of black horns emerged from her head, alongside the matching bat-like wings that tore the back of her shirt which also started to stretch seeing that she grew a bit in size. The pointy tail knocked over her chair as her sharp nails scratched the surface of the desk.

There it was, her true form caused by her quirk; Devil.
Bakugo didn't even bat an eye but Midoriya on the other hand looked like he was going to pass out any second.

"What's the big deal anyway?! " Bakugo stood up "Ain't like you can't book another one."

"It's not about the interview, it's about you who can't take responsibility for your actions!" Her anger suddenly melted, which made her presence much more threatening. "You know you could really use a reality slap right about now."

She walked over to him, standing face to face with him. Her gaze was cold and yet Bakugo stood his ground.
"The only reason you're even this high is thanks to the fact that your whole staff and me are breaking our backs maintaining your public image." The temperature in the room lowered with every icy word she spoke "And if it weren't for that you'd be lucky to even end up in the top 10, even with that quirk of yours."

She still wasn't done, her tone reaching a malicious whisper as she got into his face which held a lowered gaze.
"You think Lemillion holds the number one spot because of his quirk alone? Unlike you he has the charisma and the needed personality to back it up." She paused before striking the final blow. "Lucky for us he was there to take your missing place yesterday."

Midoriya was completely speechless and honestly wished he didn't have to witness this.
But the thing that came as the biggest surprise was the fact that Bakugo wasn't fighting back, something that Midoriya never expected from him.