Chapter 8

Apparently white color can cause depression if you spend too much time around it.

So why the hell would you paint the whole hospital white?!
No wonder people around here were so down.

While Bakugo was sitting down on a white chair in a white hallway, with doctors in white uniforms going back and forth, he was aware that the nurse, whose white slippers were the only thing he saw with his bowed head, was telling him something but the words weren't reaching him.
He felt like he was underwater; he was aware of the sounds but couldn't make up any of them.

How long has it been?
His hands covered in dried blood weren't shaking anymore and now that he gave it some thought, his back was killing him, meaning that he had to sit in the same position for quite some time.

He was also cold, though that was to be expected since the grey t-shirt wasn't exactly keeping him warm.

"Sir!"

He jolted his head when the nurse yelled out, the young brunette with dark circles under her eyes instantly jumped back, people around them giving them side eyes. Granted, that last part was probably due to Japan's Number Two Hero sitting at the same spot for hours, not even aware of his blood covered clothes and tired posture.

"What? "
He cleared his throat, the raspiness of his own voice causing him pain.

"I said that he's finally stable."

Bakugo quickly stood up, ignoring the protests of his stiff body.
"Can I see him? "

"Not yet," sympathy was present in her tired brown eyes "some minor procedures still need to be done, you can go in after that."

"Hey!"

Both the nurse and he averted their heads towards the sudden yell. Akuma was rushing towards them as fast as she could in her dark red heels, her black coat and red hair covered in fresh snow.

"What the hell's going on?!" her question was directed at Bakugo. "I couldn't reach you for hours and I had to find out from a gossip site that you're at the hospital!? "

Bakugo sighed and sat down. Now that she took a better look at him, he looked horrible.

"He got hit by a car."
His voice was barely audible as he stared at the floor.

Akuma took a moment to process the news.
No wonder Bakugo was in such a state.

She focused her attention on the nurse.
"How's he doing? "

"He's stable but he's not awake, and we're not sure if-" she quickly paused and cleared her throat "-when he'll wake up; we're hoping it will happen in a few weeks-"

"Weeks?!" Bakugo yelled out and stood up again, a feeling of dizziness followed.

"Y- yes," the nurse took a step back "maybe even months but in that case the risk of him falling into a vegetative state increases, not to mention the possibility of deat-"

Both she and Akuma rushed to sat down Bakugo when his legs gave out.

"I'm fine!" he quickly let them know and brushed them off before they caused any unnecessary panic.

He rubbed his face, feeling the effects the last 24 hours had on him.
"Fuck."

"Can you just let us know when we can see him? " Akuma asked the nurse as she sat down next to Bakugo.