Epilogue

*2 years later*

"Tell them they can go fuck themselves!"

Midoriya averted his eyes from the ocean view the terrace offered and looked over the beige couch he was sitting on, his eyebrows narrowing as he watched the topless Bakugo walk the open spaced interior barefoot, the white cotton pants hung loosely around his hips.

The subject of the phone call was certainly a minor but irritable one, judging by the expression spread over his face.

The sun's light that reflected off of the glass window made Midoriya turn his head, leaving Bakugo to deal with this in his own manner.

As Midoriya placed down the fruity drink on the table in front of him, he caught a glimpse of the crutches on the floor. Despite the months of different therapies he attended, Midoriya couldn't and never will regain his ability to walk normally again.

At the beginning he couldn't feel anything below his waist but with treatment and each session the feeling gradually returned. He can currently move his legs with some minor difficulties but can't stand up on them for too long without the crutches.
He usually had up to an hour of each day he could use to get himself from point A to point B before the pain in his hips became too strong and his legs would give out.

Despite that he was still extremely grateful that he could retain some form of self-dependence.

He of course couldn't keep being a journalist that's active on the field so, after going back and forth for what felt like weeks and getting tired of Bakugo's nagging, he took a desk job in the management department of Bakugo's agency.

Granted thanks to that he wasn't skin and bone anymore and even had some muscle on him which made the doctors extremely happy. Turns out that sleeping for only five hours at night, an unbalanced diet and constant stressing wasn't exactly the greatest lifestyle to have.

And his current lifestyle was quite lavishing, though he tried not to carelessly indulge into it too much seeing that almost everything around him came from Bakugo's work, and it felt kinda wrong to enjoy it without putting in any effort of his own that would make Midoriya feel like he deserved the things around him.

But seeing that they were on a vacation Midoriya let his guard down a bit and enjoyed the things the small private island had to offer. And it offered a luxurious two storey mansion with many glass windows and a white sand beach that circled the whole island.

Soon Bakugo joined him, throwing himself on the couch and silently placing Midoriya into his lap.

"Everything alright? "
Midoriya asked while shamelessly getting comfortable on the muscular chest.

"Yeah, the damn press wants a statement on something."
Bakugo scoffed, reaching for a red ice popsicle from the bowl of ice on the table.

"We can go back if-"

"Hell no!" Bakugo's accentuated canines bite off a good chunk of the frozen dessert. "The damn society ain't gonna fall apart in three days I'm not there."

Something of a sinister grin appeared on his face.
"Plus that Lemillion bastard gets extra work, I hope that smug smile of his crumbles from the pressure!"

"Kacchan stop being mean."
Midoriya gave him a disapproving look while Bakugo let out a dark chuckle.

Bakugo munched on the popsicle while enjoying the quiet peaceful moment the two finally had for themselves.

A gust of wind lifted up the hem of Midoriya's cotton tunic, revealing the scars that disappeared under the white waistband. Bakugo's free hand traced over marks gently, feeling the rough texture under his fingertips.

The memories of that night still filled Bakugo with anxiety, making him regret that he didn't react faster, even though Deku didn't blame him for anything and just tried to make the best of his situation.
Though that wasn't easy at certain times.

Apart from the inability to walk normally, Midoriya's grip in his right arm wasn't as strong as before, the sudden flashing of lights and near car honking would give him a panic attack sometimes. And when the weather got cold and rainy Midoriya would experience heavy migraines that would leave him feeling heavy and completely unmotivated to even get out of bed.

As much as the therapies and certain medicines helped out, Bakugo still worried about his lover's struggles. But he wasn't the only one.

Midoriya who leaned on Bakugo had one of his hands placed on the long scar that spread over Bakugo's heart. As time went on the scars on Bakugo's body increased, both physically and mentally.

Japan's Number Two Hero might have looked rough and untouchable in the eyes of the media and the world but, once he was behind the closed door with just the two of them, he could show a softer side. He'd break down over the lives that couldn't be saved, his sidekicks and civilians that got hurt during the missions and there were many nights where he'd wake up yelling and covered in sweat.

Unlike with Midoriya the treatments for this weren't working that well in Bakugo's case, seeing that he constantly exposed himself to situations that kept triggering him. Midoriya was trying to give him as much comfort as he possibly could; silently letting him calm down while embraced by his shaking body, whispering words of comfort or staying awake until Bakugo came home.

"Whatcha thinking about? "
Bakugo's question was whispered, Midoriya feeling the cooled breath on his neck.

"You."

"What a coincidence..."
Bakugo mumbled as he left a trail of icy kisses on Midoriya's neck.

Everything was worth it.
The suffering, pain and fear were all worth it for this moment of bliss and happiness.

While Midoriya might not remember everything that happened while he was in a coma, the memories involving Bakugo were still there. And some unconscious part of Midoriya's mind kept pushing him forward in life as if that part remembered everything.

A wave of tiredness washed over his bones and Midoriya closed his eyes, accepting the afternoon nap that was approaching him.

"Hey."
Bakugo whispered again, trying to get Midoriya's half conscious attention.

"Hmm? "

"I love you."

Midoriya smiled, the taste of the popsicle spreading on his tongue.

"I love you too."