Intro

Hii, thanks for picking up this story :)
Before we get to the actual story there are a few things I'd like to go over.

First, a couple of moths ago I held a raffle and a contest on the "Amino apps" app for my 1 year anniversary in the MHA community. And one of the raffle rewards is the story ahead and it's the reward for the user that goes by the name "Crybaby" on the app.

I want to make it clear that the start plot or base of this story wasn't my original idea! Somewhere in February last year I was scrolling through the community feed and found a roleplay request with a really interesting plot. I asked the author of that request if I may use their plot for the story and got permission with the condition that I obviously have to credit the OG author, but unfortunately the author deleted that post and left the community so there's really no way for me to give actual credit ://

Everything after the first chapter is my "original" work, though I say "original" because I'm sure I'm not the first person to use certain plots in this story.

Regarding the "OC" tag; in order for the story to move into certain directions I made up an OC exclusively for this story. So outside of it the character doesn't exist (though I'll probably be making the character into my actual OC at one point.)

You'll also find that Bakugo's hero name in this is the fandom made "Ground Zero" one since I started writing this way before his hero name was revealed in the manga and I decided on not changing that detail. I also decided on publishing the story here once I actually finished it instead of uploading a new chapter every few weeks/months.

I don't think there's any manga or anime spoilers unless you're at least caught up with the anime. And while the story originally has 4 chapters on the amino app, since I have way better options on jumping to new chapters on AO3, here it will have a lot more of them.

I do want to emphasis that Bakugo and Midoriya are trying to solve their past, however that surely would cause certain traumas to emerge. As someone who never experienced trauma (or at least I believe I haven't), I tried doing as much research as I could in order for this story to seem as realistic as possible. Same applies to medical terms after a few chapters.

But feel free to point out if I made any mistakes or if anything wasn't properly handled, I can't promise you I'll be able to change it much without completely having to change the story plot but I'll certainly be taking advice/guides into consideration when writing any future stories with similar plots.

Quirkless Midoriya and the effects of it on the BNHA Universe

Now, while the main focus of the story is on Bakugo's and Midoriya's relationship, I still feel like a certain world setting needs to be established.

In this story Midoriya never received OFA which then drastically changes the whole chain of events and where the characters are currently.
It's not important how this happened, maybe he took a different route home and never crossed paths with All Might on that faithful day, the point is that this changes the events of the show; the sludge villain never escaped from All Might so Bakugo was never captured, meaning that Midoriya didn't rush in to save him which then didn't inspire All Might to give him OFA.

In the end Mirio would most likely inherit OFA just as All Might originally planned. And let's be honest Mirio with his quirk plus OFA would OBLITERATE Overhaul so I'm pretty sure Eri still gets saved and all that.

At the end of the day another individual would take Midoriya's place in class 1-A which could also effect how the story would progress.
I'm not gonna make up an alternative timeline for every event that happens in the show, feel free to imagine how you think everything played out to the current point in this story.

That's all, hope you'll enjoy the story :))