Arc 3.24 Xiao Yao

Arc 3.24 Xiao Yao

Xiao Yao was still a little dazed about what Xu Xin had told him earlier. Well, he is not new about curses and fairytales but this is a modern world after all.

"I was cursed."

"Cursed? Are you serious?" Xiao Yao asked with disbelief.

Xu Xin looked at Xiao Yao with a little bit of displeasure seeing him look at him like he had a few screws loose.

Noticing Xu Xin glaring at him, Xiao Yao quickly apologizes and lets the other continue without interrupting him, not wanting to earn the other's ire.

"I once entered a General's tomb and happened to accidentally intrude into a forbidden chamber where I saw two coffins lying together side by side. The first coffin was made of gold and green jade while the second one was also made of gold but white jade. The corpses lying inside those coffins were no ordinary people just by looking at the coffin."

"Then, what happened next?" Xiao Yao could not help but curiously asked.

"What happened next is that, I opened the white coffin and white smoke came out. After that, when I woke up, I found myself inside the coffin. When I got out, I found out that the other coffin made from green jade was gone replaced by pictured images on the wall."

"What does it say?"

"I don't know."

Xu Xin shook his head helplessly, he smiled wryly.

"But, that was only then. A few years later, I only realized what those pictured images meant. I was cursed."

"What kind of curse? You don't look like you are though."

Xiao Yao looked Xu Xin over but he did not find anything suspicious or could depict him to be a cursed person. He is curious just what kind of curse was put on him.

Xu Xin only faintly smiled and did not recount any further details about what his curse was about. It seems like he does not want to talk about it.

Knowing that he did not want to talk about his curse further, Xiao Yao stirred away from the topic at hand.

"So, the thing you are looking for is a way to break the curse?"

"Yes." Xu Xin replied.

"What are you looking for?" Xiao Yao questioned.

Xu Xin was silent for a while, thinking, he looked at Xiao Yao for a minute before telling him.

"Dragon's tear."

'Dragon's tear? If a phoenix's tear could cure any illnesses, a dragon's tear could break curses. But, does it even exist?'

[Host, Xiao Xiao thinks that Host should just tell the mysterious person that he should just wait in the next life. I bet my rainbow-colored underwear that he would die in this life unable to find the dragon's tear. A phoenix tear is priceless because they rarely shed tears. What more a dragon! Dragons never cry so how could there be a tear!]

'Say, do you even have the heart to tell him that?'

[............]

'I thought so.'

[But Host, there is no actual dragon, right?]

'If there are mummies rising from the grave and start attacking people, can't there really be no dragons? History even recorded that before there were humans on the face of the earth there were dragons!'

[Wait. Weren't it dinosaurs?]

"Dragons, dinosaurs, it's the same!"

".....ao!"