Chapter 35

Lily walked back to the Head's offices. She closed the door behind her and she looked to James' desk. Nobody was there so she took a seat at her's. Just moments later James came through the door.

"Hey," he said with a nod to her.

"How was quidditch practice?" she asked him. He came over and gave her a kiss.

"It was great," James said sarcastically. Lily looked up at him as he leaned on the desk opposite her. "That new kid that I got to replace that disgusting womanizer, can't fly."

"He can't be worse than me," Lily said with a little frown.

"I guess not," James said. She swung her leg at him, but she missed horribly." At least he is only the back up," James said. He sat down at his desk and looked at a journal that was filled with quidditch plays. "Maybe Sirius can just be both beaters," James thought out loud. He scratched something out of the book and bit the tip of his quill.

"James," Lily said. He turned to face her. "So I heard something interesting in the hallway today..."

"I didn't do it," James said. Lily crinkled her eyebrows at him and scowled. "Sorry it was a reflex," he admitted.

"Two girls said that Regulus got six weeks of detention," Lily said.

"Yeah," James agreed with a shrug. "And?"

"That was it," Lily said.

"Well it's true," James said. He returned to his work, but Lily was still thinking about it.

"Why didn't Severus get any?" Lily asked. "Did you not tell her that he was there?"

"Lily," James said. He turned back to face her and he pulled his chair nearer to her. "Who do you think told me to check on you?"

Lily just blinked and stood paralyzed for a moment, "he did that?"

"Snivellus also let you get hurt," James said.

Lily sighed and held his hand. "I have to say thank you," she said.

"You don't have to say anything," James insisted.

"I told him to curse me," Lily insisted. "He didn't, he told you. He protected me."

James rolled his eyes, but he stayed quiet for a long moment. "He won't talk to you," James said. "Not in front of his friends at least."

"Your right," Lily said reluctantly.

The rest of the week by in a blur and Lily found herself alone with Sirius.

"Why did James punch Regulus?" Sirius asked Lily. Lily lifted her head from her book and looked at him.

"What?" Lily asked him.

"You heard me," Sirius said.

"I don't know," Lily lied.

Sirius rolled his eyes, "He was with those idiots who tried to hurt you on the train?"

Lily bit her lip.

"That was a yes," Sirius decided.

"Don't do anything brash," Lily told him.

"I won't," Sirius told her, Lily thought that this was a 50/50 chance. "I won't only get two nights of detention if I punch him in the face," Sirius said with a longing sigh.

This was really short, I know. I'll update more. Happy Friday everyone! Thank you for the support xoxo -Anne