Chapter 17

After breakfast Lily and James went into their offices and Lily pulled the schedule out of her desk. "You can't work at the end of the week, so you will have to work at the beginning." She looked at the schedule and saw that he could work on Monday. "Maybe you shouldn't work this week," she told him.

"I'm head Boy," he reminded Lily. "I want to take this seriously." Lily smiled at her boyfriend's initiative. He sat on the arm of her chair and took the scroll out of her hand. He ran his eyes over Monday.

"You would have to work with Severus or Dan Spidelli," she told him. James huffed and dragged his hand down her face.

"It is okay," Lily told him. She held his hand and gave it a squeeze. "Really," she told him.

"I need to do this," he told Lily.

"Well do you want the evening or the night?" she asked him.

"I told you to pick," he reminded her. She looked back to him with her eyebrows raised. "Evening," he decided.

"You and Dan," Lily told him. He breathed a small sigh of relief. She knew that she and he and Severus would not get along. Especially after what happened today.

"I have to tell him that he is off the team," James said. "That will be fun."

"You are kicking him off?" Lily asked James, surprised.

"Hey," James said. "I can't have him harassing Marlene."

"She can take him," Lily told him.

He gave her a small chuckle. "I know she can. It's Sirius that I am worried about. I can't have my beater beating up my chaser. Anyways, Sirius is better than Dan, so the choice is easy."

"Now that we have done the one thing that you wanted to do," James told her. "Can we do something I want to do?" he asked seductively.

He leaned down to her eye level. His lips almost touched her's, but he pulled back. "What happened to you and Sirius?" he whispered. Lily felt her posture loosen and she leaned back into the chair. James moved from his seat and he sat on her desk, beside the schedule that they had just fixed.

"Nothing," Lily told him once again.

"Lily, come on," James said. "I want to trust you, but we can't start our relationship out like this." Lily knew he was right.

"I didn't want to tell you because you are going to make a big deal out of this," Lily insisted.

"I promise that I won't."

"I know that you can't make that promise she told him.

"Tell me," he told her. I seem mostly like a request but part of it was an order.

She sighed relenting. She told him everything from her grabbing his wrist, to her kneeing Severus, to Sirius hexing him. James looked furious, when she finished.

"I know that you are mad, but don't blow this out of proportion," she begged him.
"Lily, he threatened you," he said with his voice rising.

"And I'm fine," she insisted.

He was still fuming. Lily stood up as to be eye level with him.

"James," she said sternly. "Listen to me. I am fine, I know how to hold my own, I did hold my own, Sirius was there and he was there too." She said the last bit about Sirius more slowly and with less jurisdiction.

"I know that you are fine," James said. He moved around Lily and to the other side of the desk and slammed his hands down. Lily flinched, but did not step away. "I hate what he said. I hate what you had to do. I hate him!" James moved away from her desk and ran his hands through his hair.

"James," Lily tried to reason. She walked over to James and put her hands on his face and made him look at her. "We aren't friends," she told him.

"I just want you to be safe," James told her. He said it with such sincerity that Lily gave him a small, empathetic frown.

"I am safe," she promised.

"Let me deal with him next time" he insisted, placing his hands on top of Lily's.

"I can handle it," Lily told him softly.

"I know," he agreed.

She nodded, she knew that she could hold her own, but she liked that he wanted to protect her.

James moved both of their hands from his face. He let go of her hands and grabbed her by the waist. Lily put her hands around his neck and stood on the tips of her toes. He leaned down and his lips met her's. His hand slipped between the skin on her waist and her skirt. Lily moved her lips from his lips down to his neck. She sucked and he gave her a small moan. Lily moved from James and pushed him into the couch. He pulled her onto the couch by the waist of her skirt. Lily giggled a little bit.

I know this chapter was short, but i'll update really quickly. Thanks for all the support. xoxo -Anne