Empty Blankets

AnnaLeigh Moore

I slowly awoke to an empty bed. Draco was gone. Which was expected, I didn't think he would stay after what we did and to be honest if I could walk I would leave too.

I still felt my legs feel a bit shaken so I decided not to move for a little bit. Then I realised that Draco is the one who apparated us and I have no clue where I am. I assumed that we went to a room in the three broomsticks but if I'm wrong then I'm fucked.

I swung the blanket off my naked body when my breathed hitched due to the cold air that hit my warm skin. My legs were still a bit weak but I could manage. I walked around the bed and picked my clothing off the ground to throw them on my body before fixing my appearance in the mirror so it doesn't look like I had just been railed.

I approached the door and twisted the cold silver handle to reveal that thankfully I was in the three broom sticks. I sighed in relief and left them room, closing the door softly behind me. I walked down the long corridor and past a door way I hadn't seen before.

I spun around and looked at the sign above it that said "Golden Guest" of course Draco was a golden guest. I rolled my eyes and walked down the long stair case, the bar seemed to be empty until I took notice of the time and realised that it wasn't even open yet.

I spun around and walked back through the door way to leave out of the guest exit. As I walked outside it was surprisingly cold with the morning air kissing my cheeks. I was lucky I was wearing jeans and not a dress or skirt.

I was too lazy to walk back to Hogwarts so I apparated just so I was outside the castle. Due to the wards, only professors could apparate in and out of Hogwarts so apparating just outside the castle was my best bet.

After finally entering the castle I headed straight for my dorm. I was in desperate need of a shower. I walked down the quiet halls, the only sound to be heard was my shoes pattering against the stone. I walked past the great hall were breakfast had only just started so there was about two people in there.

Sunday mornings, students usually like to sleep in due to the parties and wild shenanigans they got up to on Saturday. I walked further down until I got to walk pat the infirmary but stopped when I heard familiar voices.

Draco.

Sunday was his day off so I had no clue what he was doing here. Curiosity took over me as I tip toed towards the entrance and pushed the door open just a crack.

This brought back memories.

I tried to peek into the infirmary but saw nothing and assumed he was in his office so I pushed the door open some more and silently slipped past it.

There was a student or two resting on bed so I decided to take off my shoes and tiptoe bare footed  to make myself more quiet as I stalked closer to his office until I was just at the door. I leaned my ear against it and didn't hear a thing.

The only sound that was faint in my ears was my own breathing. I assumed that he was alone now or even gone so I pushed open the door completely. I walked in as I dropped my shoes onto the ground.

"Shit" I mumbled as I bent down at picked them up. I stood back from the ground and when I looked up I froze.

Draco and Kimberley stood leaned on his desk. Draco had a hand loosely hanging on her right hip as she had her palms pressed against his chest. I felt my breathing hitch as Draco looked up with a faint smile on his lips until he locked eyes with me and the smile fell.

Tears threatened to fall from me eyes as I just stood there, unable to move. I didn't understand why he would be with Kimberley right now. I mean it's not like we are together but the morning after we had an amazing night? Fucking really? And out of all people, Kimberley? He knew Scorpius cheated on my with her daughter which made this 100x worse.

We both stayed frozen until Kimberley took notice and turned around to see what he was looking at. As soon as she saw me she jumped away from Draco and looked at me with worry full eyes.

"Goodness! You look awful. Are you alright?" I'm guessing she took notice of my flushed cheeks and faint mascara running from my eyes.

I didn't reposed as I feared that if I did I would say something i don't mean or my voice would crack and I'd break down right in front of them.

"Do you need help?" Her tone was slightly irritated as I didn't answer her the first time and I'm sure she was so rushed to get back to whatever Draco and her had started before I walked in.

"I-" my voice cracked as I wiped underneath my eye "I'm fine—just... I just spent the night with someone I shouldn't have" I said as I didn't take my eyes off Draco.

I felt everything hit me at once. The fantasy land that I had been living in with Draco crashed down as the harsh reality hit me. I didn't know what I was thinking to ever do anything with him.

"All Malfoy men are the fucking same" I mumbled so Kimberley couldn't hear but Draco sure as hell did because his face paled. I let out a sarcastic laugh as I turned around and rushed out of the infirmary.

I pushed open the door and ran as fast as I could. I could hear hurried footsteps behind me and muffled calls of my name. I didn't care.

Apparently I wasn't running fast enough because as I reached the room of requirement he grabbed my shoulder making me stop. I had my back turned to him as I refused to look him in the eyes.

"AnnaLeigh" he whispered as I just shook my head and remained with my back turned. Silence fell for a short minute until the door to the room of requirement appeared and be dragged me inside.

I turned so I had my back facing him again.

"Would you look at me!" He shouted as I ignored him, a single tear falling down my cheek "AnnaLeigh-"

"What are we doing!?" I finally answered as I turned around "Seriously, Draco. What the fuck are we, what are we doing? We can't just keep living in this fantasy world, we can't just fuck when we we feel like it, it's wrong"

"So you're saying that you regret it?" He asked as his hard stare consumed his face.

"Well- yeah. Why are we doing this? Am I a replacement for Astoria, Draco? Am I to fill the void she left-"

"Don't-"

"I'm just your fuck thing?! Did you do this with Astoria? Was she your fuck thing? Oh, but of course it was different because you were married right? When you're bored or me you'll just move onto Kimberley-"

"Enough!" His voice echoed through the large room as I instantly regretted what I said "You have no fucking right to speak of Astoria" he spat "If you were just a fuck thing, I would of been done the first time as fucked"

"Draco-"

"And as for Kimberley, she came to me because her HUSBAND had wanted to get back together. What you saw was when we had just broken from a hug, she was thanking me, you walked in at the wrong fucking time" he was furious now as a massive wave of guilt fell upon me.

"I'm-"

"I don't know what we are or what what we're doing. All I know is that I wanna be with you. Do you know how much It boiled my blood when I saw you with Wade yesterday- fuck I wanted to kill him" he laughed.

"Ok" I said as I wiped an old tear away.

"Ok?" He asked as confusion filled him.

"Let's be together then"

PLEASE- your comments make my day honestly😃

Word count 1418.