23.

Hinata was called into the counselor's office the next day, what was he called in for? He has no clue. "Kumino-san?" He called, peaking through the door. She motioned for him to come in.

He closed the door behind him, sitting in the (oddly) soft chair. "You wanted to see me?"

Kumino grabbed a stack of papers and banged them on the desk, straightening them. He always wonders why people did that. "Good morning Hinata-kun," she smiled up at him, "As you know, the Spring Dance is coming up soon." Hinata raised an eyebrow.

"And there's going to be music, food, etcetera, etcetera. The band, which is the school's music club, is supposed to be playing," Oh. Oh no, "And the lead singer has caught...a really bad cold, their doctor said he won't be able to come to school for at least two weeks..So I wanted to ask you–"

Hinata abruptly stood up, "Absolutely not. I don't sing."

Kumino sighed. "Hina–"

"I don't sing."

"Is it because you can't?" A new voice said. Hinata's head turned towards the door. And who would've guessed, Mr. Salty, otherwise known as Tsukishima Kei, is standing. right. there. in the door frame. The ginger turned his entire body towards him, "I never said that. I just said I don't."

"So you're saying you can't?"

"No–"

"Aren't you supposed to be good at practically "anything"?"

"I–"

"What a shame," Hinata wanted to smack that smug smirk off the blonde's face so badly. "The great Hinata Shouyou can't sing–"

"IF," he interrupted, sending a hateful glare at Tsukishima, "I sing, will you shut up?" He nodded, and Hinata sighed, rubbing his temples.

He turned back to the counselor. "Fine," he said through clenched teeth. Kumino smiled, sending a wink to Tsukishima. He smirked, sending one right back to her.

-

"Everyone, this is the worm-infested orange- AHHG!"

"Hinata Shouyou." Hinata simply said. Ignoring Tsukishima who was probably dying.

But this isn't about him.

A guy (who was of course taller than Hinata) with greyish hair and honey-colored eyes approached him, all cheery and happy.

Sickening. "Hey! I'm Sugawara Koshi, you must be the first year replacing our singer!" He spoke, reaching out a hand for Hinata to shake. He took it, then abruptly pulled him down so that he was eye to eye with the grey-haired male. "Eh?" The boy's face became flush and red, not expecting to be pulled down like that. And he did not expect to be so close to someone so good-looking. They stayed like that for a good while, just staring at eachother, faces very close. Everyone else made a sound of surprise. Tsukishima especially. Hinata wasn't a very touchy person unless it came to punches, kicks, etc.

Then, Hinata smiled. Definitely not a good sign.

"Sorry senpai." He said, letting go of the older's hand. Sugawara rubbed his wrist, a bead of sweat rolling down the right side of his face. "Uhm..right...no big deal.." he said, looking anywhere but the ginger's prying eyes.

"H-Hey! How about we introduce ourselves, hm?" A freckled boy with green hair said, hoping to relieve some tension that had stirred up.

Hinata walked towards the eccentric group, giving one last glance to the taller male.

-

"Oi, Shrimp," Tsukishima spoke as the two walked back to their dorms. "Hm?"

"What was that about?" He asked, referring to what happened in the music room.

Hinata wide-eyed him, before suddenly becoming interested in the pavement they were walking on. Tsukishima sighed at the smaller's silence. "And here you go being secretive once again. First your scar, now this." Hinata rolled his eyes.

"Also, how'd you know he was older than you?" One of the reasons Hinata doesn't like this guy. He's too observant.

"I guess you can say we have some history together." Tsukishima kept his eyes forward. "We were friends in highschool. But as time went on, we grew apart. And eventually, we stopped talking altogether." The blonde narrowed his eyes, knowing that's not the whole truth.

"I think you skipping a part."

"Your a real pain in the ass, you know that?" They came up towards their shared dorm. Tsukishima chuckled, "I know."

(Little Tsukihina moment 😗)