52. she fell

Video: Rae subs to Syk

52. she fell

James's breath hitched as he saw her standing in front of him, her long beautiful hair left open and her short cute figure wrapped in his long, over sized clothes.

His clothes.

He scanned her, from those baggy pants that covered her feet completely to the long sleeves yellow jumper. She looked at him, hoping he'd not mind the fact that she was in his clothes but she was wrong.

James could never not mind the fact that Rae, a woman he absolutely was a goner for, was dressed in his clothes.

The fact that she was wearing his clothes and still wasn't his, was surging a growing pain in his heart. If he could, he would just freeze time for now, because seeing Rae like this is the closest they'll ever be as a couple.

Her pretty tired eyes were trying to understand his cold face, she could never get what he was thinking or what he had in his mind.

'Those are my clothes?' He said, his voice a little colder, a little stern.

Rae gulped, a little more nervous now as she inadvertently looked down at her clothes, technically his and then glanced back at him. 'I'm sorry... I shouldn't have...'

It then occurred to James the present scenario and realised he was being stupid over something unintentional. He took a deep breath and shook his head, cutting off her apology before she could complete. 'No, it's okay.' He smiled a bit, relaxing. 'How are you now?'

Rae found herself relaxing too, and nodded. 'Better. Although I do need to go to see Mika, soon.'

James nodded, and entered in, while Rae sat down on the sofa, attending calls from home. Her mother was constantly asking for updates about Mika and was worried sick. Meanwhile, James changed from his formal pants and tucked in shirt to casuals, comfy blue sweatshirt over his dark blue jeans.

'Yes mom, I'll be heading there soon.' She spoke over the call as James was talking to Momo, she couldn't hear them over her mother's worried voice. 'Mika is better. I am too.'

Her mother asked another set of questions, Leah popping a few from behind. 'Yes, I'm better. I'm with James.' Leah gasped dramatically.

'The same one?' Leah enquired, 'Hot sour patch gummies? Alex's friend?'

'Shut up Leah.' Rae said, her cheeks warming as James walked towards her, 'I'll talk to you later, bye.'

'All okay?'

Rae nodded, 'Can we run to Imane's first to get me out of these?' She looked down at the clothes and James nodded, a little upset that she won't be in those anymore.

While Rae rushed to get her other belongings, James sighed, standing across the wall and watching her from far away.

Momo who was keenly observing the duo, and especially James, stood besides the tall man. 'She's a very sweet girl.'

James smiled, a little too wide, 'Yea. She is precious.' He sighed and shook his head when Momo cleared her throat intentionally. 'What?'

'If I didn't know better, I'd say, James you're in love.' She raised her brow, and James narrowed his gaze at her. 'And, I think she's perfect for you.'

James chuckled, always looking forward to Momo's cute conversations. 'You just met her, Momo.'

'So what? Momo knows best.' She said with an air of pride. 'And if anyone can keep up with your cold demeanor and stubborn attitude, it's she.'