48. she panicked

48. she panicked

'First James and now you?' Janet frowned, upset on Rae bailing out

'First James and now you?' Janet frowned, upset on Rae bailing out. 'Oh no. Now, I don't wanna go either.'

'Noo. Jan.' Rae pouted, walking towards the girl, 'You wanted this break right! And I've had a break since a long time now, so I'm cool.'

Imane shook her head, as Janet huffed, annoyed yet understanding why Rae couldn't join them. Alex and Simon were already packing stuff, hyped up for the trip but with Rae backing off now, they lost the enthusiasm and sat in the room, moody.

'What is wrong with Isa again?' Alex asked, confused why Rae couldn't leave Mika with Isa, the caretaker for the pets. 'Mimi is also going to be there, you know.'

'I don't know.' Rae shook her head, tying her long hair in low ponytail. 'Last time he kept barking at her the whole night and I cannot go anywhere knowing Mika isn't well. I just can't.' She said, petting Mika who was asleep underneath, on her feet.

Alex sighed, also joining Janet in being completely annoyed and sad. While Imane knew how it difficult it was to leave your pet behind where they aren't comfortable.

'Then let's not go.' Imane said, completely off by Rae's withdrawal from the plan. 'It's no fun without her.'

'I stan this idea.' Janet cooed, as Rae smiled at her friends. 'Nothing's fun without Rae.'

'Yea.' Alex murmured, Simon was playing a game on his cell, ignorant to their conversation. 'Let's all chill indoors. Fuck the plan.'

'Why are you guys talking like I'm not here?' The shorthead pouted, eyeing all her friends who were low on morale, scattered everywhere in the room. 'And, come on, you all loved the plan, right? So what if I'm not coming?'

No one responded, all of them either annoyed or dissappointed.

Rae rolled her eyes and pulled her sleeves up, gently getting Mika off her feet and standing in the centre of the room. 'Guys! Why you all be so dramatic.'

They sighed collectively, ignoring her.

'Don't cancel the plan, please.' She pleaded with her soft tone, garnering some attention. 'Janet wanted a break, Imane deserves one too.' She eyed them, blatantly ignoring her, so she decided to be as dramatic as they were. 'And look at poor Simon, he'd be so upset and heartbroken if this one plan gets canceled.'

They all averted their attention to Simon who was alert now at the mention of his name. He tsked, nonchalantly, still playing, 'It's no big deal, I don't min...' But Rae had kicked his foot and he looked at her, 'Ouch.'

Rae neared closer to him and whispered, 'This trip will give rejuvenate everyone. Please Simon, go alongwith this if you love me.' She whisper threatened him.

'Oh man.' Simon dramatically yelled, 'I am so upset that the plan's canceled. Damn, I may just kill myself.'

Rae narrowed her gaze at his overstepping dramatic act, but he shrugged, retreating back to his game. Janet and Alex let out a small chuckle, Imane holding her smile back.

'Guys, please. I am already upset that James cancelled and then if you guys too, I'll definitely kill myself.'

'Hey, that's more dramatic than me!' Simon interjected, but Rae stomped on his foot again.

'Wait,' Alex sat back, confused. 'Why are you upset that J cancelled the plan?'

Both Janet who was updated about James and Rae's craezy story, and Imane sat upright. 'It's because she is an empathetic person.' Imane vouched, smiling, as Rae bit her lip on the mistake.

'Yea. She feels for him.' Janet said, nodding but Imane hit her arm gently, Rae and Alex eyeing her in surprise. 'I mean, feels for him as in, empathetic towards him.'

That cover-up was so bad that Rae had to cover her face with her palm, happy that Alex generally wasn't a curious person. However, she did manage to finally gear them up for the trip and hoped with the last few days that remained, everything would settle down.

Especially her strong growing regret of her stupid confession to James.

_

It had been a sad and the slowest Friday of her life. The others had left early morning for their trip, waving a lowly Rae goodbye, and since morning Rae had only been anxious.

She could have done a lot of things that day, especially knowing she had meetings with her editors, her manager and she had to plan out further for her streams and merch. Yet, all she did throughout the day was sit aside the window sill and plug in a movie, randomly blanking out in most of the scenes.

She had never been this uneasy before.

But she couldn't place a finger why she was this uncomfortable and uneasy. She didn't understand how much of her mind was still stuck on the man who's heart she broke, twice.

Everytime she thought about James and his beautiful sad face, she felt like a train wreck, on the edge of her seat. She would search for his contact, debate whether or not she should call him and then conclude in negative that she shouldn't and would sit back with a sigh.

None of the chores she did would help her forget him, she even tried baking some cookies but those burnt. And even Mika turned his back on those black cookies.

For an entire day, she sat back and refused to understand why wasn't she okay with her own decision. She was stubbornly accepting her rash decision but stubbornly still confused about James. The more she thought, the more she wanted to pull her hair off her head.

And then by evening, she gave up on thinking and tried watching some movie which didn't interest her at all.

Halfway, she realized that she hadn't seen Mika for a long time now.

'Mika?' She called out, even whistled but Mika didn't turn up. 'Mika? Puppy?' Rae anxiously kept the laptop aside, and walked outside, looking out for her non responsive dog.

'Mika?' She called out, yelled even. 'Where is he?' She checked the door which was locked, so he didn't run away and then she hunted him in the kitchen only to get the biggest shock of her life.

Mika was laying, grasping for breath, on the kitchen floor. She immediately rushed towards him, tears flowing from her eyes as she turned him, while Mika coughed, trying to breathe.

'What... what...' She took him in her arms, trying to understand what was going wrong, her heartbeats accelerating faster than a racecar. She then held the headless G I Joe plastic toy laying besides her and realized that Mika choked on it.

Fearing for his death, she panicked, not understanding anything she could do right now. Her mind completely blanked, her hand shivering as she held her mobile, trying to call for anyone that could help. Imane's number was unreachable and Rae knew no one here.

Mika whimpered in her arms, tired of coughing. Teary eyed he looked at Rae, who was crying her eyes out. She held her phone with both her shivering hands, holding Mika close and whispering soft words of comfort to him and called the first person she knew who could help.

She cried as he answered the call on the third ring. 'Please... can you... you send help. Mika's choking... I don't know... I don't know what to do... please.' Her vision blurring, her heartbeats suddenly dropping, 'James, do something...please...'

_

A/N

Firstly, I apologize for yesterday's chapter. I was in a very difficult mood, and made James suffer. That was my bad.

Also, Mika, would now do something these mf's can't do by themselves. How okay you'll are with deaths?

P.s. Vote. Comment. Share.