6. she snarled

6. she snarled

Darkness.

An eight letter word which could encompass the entire world.

That's what Rae saw when she met the eyes of this strange person standing right in front of her.

His two black eyes were only reflecting how deeply dark they were and Rae felt as if he was boring a hole right into her soul.

The stranger was tall, probably taller than Sykkuno because he was towering at her. Mostly everyone did because Rae was 5'3" and compared to this guy, she seemed way shorter. He had dark eyes, and his black hair was neatly combed back, perfectly gelled. His face held no expressions, not even a small smile as he watched her intently. He wasn't a very fierce figure but he wasn't thin either. His firmly formed muscles flaunted with his t-shirt he wore over his jeans.

What actually was an eyelock of mere seconds stretched into an eternity for the two of them as Rae stood in complete bewilderment at this stranger's intimidating eyes.

However the crack of an egg broke their trance and Rae blinked, looking behind at Sykkuno's appearing figure and the strange guy averted his gaze, stepping back.

'Hey.' Sykkuno said, and before he could envelope Rae in a awkward friendly hug, he scrunched his nose in disgust at the funny smell. 'Um... I don't think we had a theme for this dinner, Rae.' Sykkuno joked, as he witnessed Rae's miserable appearance. 'Why you here as a cavewoman?'

While Rae frowned, her hands folded across her chest in annoyance, Corpse and Toast who had been holding their laughter, tried keeping a straight face.

'Is it? Sykkuno?' She questioned back, more like snarled, challenging him to cross her back.

Sykkuno cleared his throat, letting it go or he knew they'd have to suffer the wrath of Valkyrae for the entire night. Rae's temper was a known and scared topic between the Amigops.

Sykkuno help a straight face as Rae walked in, although everyone were chuckling and laughing at her, the stranger was strangely just eyeing her.

Currently she was too irritated to even glance at the tall stranger.

'Um, bathroom to the left.' He said, his voice held a slight hint of judgement but Rae just walked towards the bathroom with her bag.

She just hated his voice for some reason. But why would she hate a stranger's voice so much?

There Sykkuno smiled at Toast and Corpse who were equally happy to be there, of course Sykkuno did know Corpse since they had met more than once before and to him Corpse right in front of him was just as ordinary as any 23 year old would be.

'We're so excited to be here.' Corpse said, smiling, his deep voice startled James a bit, but he knew better than to meddle.

'Yea. Rae a tad more excited to be honest.' Toast chuckled, as Sykkuno shook his head, smiling while the boys entered the room.

It wasn't too big but it wasn't too packed either. It just looked comfortable and cozy. Sykkuno was of course sharing it with another person who had gone outstation for the weekend. So the house was only to themselves.

Toast and Corpse then shook hands with James, who didn't enquire much, he didn't even exchange any pleasantries with them. As much as he knew, they were Sykkuno's gamer friends and James never really wanted to associate with any of them.

However a certain brown eyed, brown hair and fiery filled girl was perking at his curiosity.

While Sykkuno helped Toast and Corpse with hot coffee, James sat with his laptop in a corner, Rae jumped out of the washroom, a bit more better looking.

Although she was still frustrated.

She had a four hour drive, a five hour long stream early morning and had to part ways with Mika, so being smashed with raw eggs and nests wasn't something she looked forward to.

In fact, right now she just wanted to sit and relax and maybe get some sleep.

She stepped out, smelling better and more like herself after having a quick bath and changing from the horrendous state. Corpse and Toast avoided looking at her to not start laughing and be killed by her death glares.

Sykkuno helped her with a mug of coffee. 'Make yourself at home, Rae.' He said, ignoring the snickers and smiling genuinely at the upset girl. 'I am glad you're here.'

Rae beamed but Toast snickered, 'The mama bird isn't though.' He commented holding the mug towards his mouth and Corpse choked on his coffee.

Rae eyed them and Sykkuno stood in front of her, blocking their view. 'Don't mind them, Rae. They're messing around, come I'll show you my streaming room, also known as my bedroom.'

Sykkuno literally pulled Rae because she was still eyeing the boys who were having a hard time holding their laughter.

It wasn't even that funny, Rae thought. Yet she let Sykkuno pull her and she admired his new room. It was pretty homey, especially with the light blue and dark blue combination. But she absolutely loved the green splash in the between wall where Sykkuno had placed pictures of his family, hometown and friends.

Bimbus was sleeping in a tiny hammock over the corner and Rae cooed at the little snowball.

'How is it?'

'He's pretty perfect, Syk.' She awed.

'Not my dog, Rae.' Sykkuno smiled, he didn't have to cover his smile with her or any of the Amigops for that matter. 'The setup?'

Rae shrugged, 'Meh. Pretty okaish.'

'Um... okay... well...' Sykkuno said, hesitantly, and Rae chuckled, hitting his arm.

'It's amazing.'

'Sykkuno, look Corpse has that fishnet you made him bring.' Toast's voice was heard.

Sykkuno excused himself and Rae looked around the room. It was on the eighth floor and the view from the window was kinda of an open playground, soft meadows around. The place was a little farther from the city, being a more cost efficient.

Rae then scanned the photographs hunged on the wall and smiled at the picture of Sykkuno and she, their first meet. She then scanned across the other pictures of his family and then he saw a younger Sykkuno, a child Sykkuno on the shoulder of another kid.

She narrowed her gaze and wondered why the boy holding a thin Sykkuno seemed familiar.

Then it struck her.

It was his twin.

The same stranger who was seated outside.

Nothing had changed for Sykkuno as a child and as an adult. He was scrawny and thin and happy too. Just as always.

But his twin was more happy.

'Is he the same guy?' Rae spoke to herself, like she always does. 'What happened to his smile? And his attitude.' She remembered him being the one mocking them a week ago.

Now she knew why his voice was bothering her. He was the same idiot who had mocked them. No wonder she disliked his confident face.

'Oh small Sykkuno's Twin, you ain't gonna like yourself growing up.' She said, pointing at the younger James.

'Well thank you for stating the obvious.'

Rae's eyes widened again, and she gulped while James stood right behind her. He folded his arms, eyeing the girl, for some reason he couldn't help but be amused at her.

Not always did you happen to see a grown up talk to themselves out loud.

'Anything else?' He asked, dead serious, his voice held no fun.

And Rae knew that she'd never ever like someone as a killjoy as him.

_

A/N

Vote. Comment. Share.

It will take just a second to vote and five to comment but it will help the story reach out to others.

Thank you.